Who would you roster?

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Currently sitting in my queue are the following:

icon_mystique.pngpurpleflag.png expiring in 4 days
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png expiring in 11 days
icon_gamora.pngredflag.png expiring in 12 days
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png expiring in 13 days

See the rest of my roster in the sig.

I currently have enough HP to roster one. There's an outside chance I'll have enough to roster another in the next week or so, but that all depends on how PvE and PvP shake out, along with champ rewards. I don't want to count on those things, so for all intents and purposes, I can only take one.

I was leaning towards icon_deadpool.png because it's a pretty cheap, useful power at only one cover, and could help in case he's ever the required 4* in a PvE. I managed to get T20 overall and T50 in each sub of ISO-8 Brotherhood because I had all three required characters. I usually don't do that well (lucky to get T50 overall and T100 each sub) without the required 4*. My 4* roster is kind of thin so I usually don't have that required character.

However.

Seeing the preview rewards for the new Clearance system today, it's looking like placement is going to matter even less and there's no chance of getting any cover unless you're T20. So I feel like if I go that route, I may be gimping my overall progression. But, there's a greater chance of getting covers through progression, so perhaps that cancels things out.

So that leaves the 3*'s. If I add them, that gives me more chances to complete DDQ when they're Dat Required Character. And it's way more likely that I will get them fully covered and leveled waaaaaayyyyyyy quicker than I ever would icon_deadpool.png at this point. So they certainly seem like the more practical route.

1. So of the four, who would you roster if you could only add one?

2. If I add Mystique, there's a decent chance I could come up with 450 more HP in the next 11 days to open another slot. In that case, in addition to Mystique, who would you add?

3. Or should I ignore Mystique, aim to get the extra 450 HP in 11 days and add two of the remaining three? In that case, which two would you add?

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    At one cover, it doesn't really matter. Just add one now, and add in the rest later. icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Add Mystique now. You can always sell her for exactly what you'd sell the cover for if you want one of the other ones later or if you can't get enough and want to keep DP.

If you were to just choose one, I'd pick DP. I'd probably go Gamora as the second one.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I would roster Deadpool to start building up his Deadpool points for whales.
  • DarthDeVo
    Alaszun wrote:
    Add Mystique now. You can always sell her for exactly what you'd sell the cover for if you want one of the other ones later or if you can't get enough and want to keep DP.

True, that is a good point.

Having seen the preview rewards for Deadpool vs. MPQ, I'm leaning towards star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.png now though, since he's a required character and I'll get two black covers for him through progression.

If I manage to get enough HP for another roster slot I just may keep a hold of star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.png though. But it would be more likely that I would get icon_gamora.png fully covered first, and it would be one more day I could fully complete DDQ. Decisions, decisions...
  • DarthDeVo
    HaywireII wrote:
    I would roster Deadpool to start building up his Deadpool points for whales.

Does star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.png contribute to the whales points? I guess I wasn't aware of that.
  • It does not generate Deadpool points