Where to spend my iso? Help please

Options
mohio
mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Reading through these forums has been really helpful to me and hopefully you guys can help me out here. I hoarded all the Iso from the LRs and lazyThor events, and with the Simulator coming up soon to pour in even more Iso I am wondering where I would be best off spending it. My useful options are the following:

2* Thor 5/5/3 lvl 72 (I know I want 3/5/5, but until I get more green, at least he's maxed)
2* C.Storm 5/3/4 lvl 71 (cap 77)
2* A.Wolvie 4/3/3 lvl 30 (cap 61)
2* MnMags 2/2/5 lvl 24 (cap 53)
2* OBW 3/2/2 lvl 6 (cap 37)
3* LazyThor 1/2/3 lvl 28 (not sure on cap, ~50 or so i think)

I also have a 5/2/5 Cap which I'm not planning on putting any more iso in than i already have. At least he was semi-useful this past tourney.

I have around 33k Iso, so I can't go completely crazy, but with more coming in the Simulator, a 2nd and 3rd suggestion would be helpful. I was thinking maxing 2* Thor and C.Storm would be best, but even with her at 71 I find myself using M.Storm more often for her environment tile clear (and green is more efficient with fewer AP). Also it seems like OBW won't be as useful without more covers (i.e. blue covers), and 3*Thor won't be better than his less lazy version for a while. If I had more purple MnMags covers I might consider him to pair with C.Storm. Do you guys think I should level any of my other heroes or wait until they're closer to being max covered? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There's a huge new event starting tomorrow, so wait until then and check out what opponents you are going to face. With that in mind, it will be easier for you to make decisions. A maxed Thor is always a good investment, so is Wolverine, as he's very likely to get featured or buffed in future tournaments. OBW will make your life in MPQ much easier, so fight for some covers and pump her as much as possible.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Reading through these forums has been really helpful to me and hopefully you guys can help me out here. I hoarded all the Iso from the LRs and lazyThor events, and with the Simulator coming up soon to pour in even more Iso I am wondering where I would be best off spending it. My useful options are the following:

2* Thor 5/5/3 lvl 72 (I know I want 3/5/5, but until I get more green, at least he's maxed)
    2* C.Storm 5/3/4 lvl 71 (cap 77)
    2* A.Wolvie 4/3/3 lvl 30 (cap 61)
    2* MnMags 2/2/5 lvl 24 (cap 53)
    2* OBW 3/2/2 lvl 6 (cap 37)
    3* LazyThor 1/2/3 lvl 28 (not sure on cap, ~50 or so i think)

I also have a 5/2/5 Cap which I'm not planning on putting any more iso in than i already have. At least he was semi-useful this past tourney.

I have around 33k Iso, so I can't go completely crazy, but with more coming in the Simulator, a 2nd and 3rd suggestion would be helpful. I was thinking maxing 2* Thor and C.Storm would be best, but even with her at 71 I find myself using M.Storm more often for her environment tile clear (and green is more efficient with fewer AP). Also it seems like OBW won't be as useful without more covers (i.e. blue covers), and 3*Thor won't be better than his less lazy version for a while. If I had more purple MnMags covers I might consider him to pair with C.Storm. Do you guys think I should level any of my other heroes or wait until they're closer to being max covered? Thanks for the help!

What does the rest of your roster look like? Do you have any other highly-leveled 2*s? Based on the current information, I would pump all the iso into maxing out Thor first: he's a solid dude that's going to last you a very long time (at least until you get more lazythor coers, which is going to be a while since they just finished giving 3/3/3 covers). The other characters I'm not so sure about. As you said, MN mags and C. Storm go together so its awkward to level either when MN mags is only at 2 purple covers. That being said, if your roster doesn't have any other high level characters, then you might want to do it anyways just so that you have a competitive team (No Holds Barred is the next tournament so it'd be good to have 3 high level characters for that). Hold off on leveling until tomorrow though, due to the new pve event as gumisk said.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I had considered the new event, guess I should have known I'd need to wait to see who's boosted or whatnot. What I've shown is essentially my team outside of lvl 77 Punisher who's 4/2/2 (already max leveled). I haven't really used him much since I like using one of the Storms with Thor and then 3rd guy is usually fixed by the event or some other hero boosted insanely. Should I be using punisher more (or differently)? I pretty much save green for Storm and his Retribution hasn't been worth using over Thor's Red outside of one or two fights against huge goons so it'd just be for Molotov Cocktail (which I do like a lot, but not enough to use over a Storm if I can only choose 2)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Thanks for the responses. I had considered the new event, guess I should have known I'd need to wait to see who's boosted or whatnot. What I've shown is essentially my team outside of lvl 77 Punisher who's 4/2/2 (already max leveled). I haven't really used him much since I like using one of the Storms with Thor and then 3rd guy is usually fixed by the event or some other hero boosted insanely. Should I be using punisher more (or differently)? I pretty much save green for Storm and his Retribution hasn't been worth using over Thor's Red outside of one or two fights against huge goons so it'd just be for Molotov Cocktail (which I do like a lot, but not enough to use over a Storm if I can only choose 2)

That seems about right: Punisher doesn't really shine until he gets a lot of green covers and is higher level.