Confusing required chars for Gauntlet

HobieCat76
HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This is the first ever time I've ever gone end-to-end with the Gauntlet (historically, I never make it past the Wilderness), so I don't know if all Gauntlets are set up this way or is it just this particular one. The required characters for this Gauntlet don't follow the usual pattern of every other PVE. As you all know, normally the placement awards of the previous event preview the three required characters of the next event (in this case: 2*Daken, CMags, and Antman). These required characters will then show up in at least one Join Forces battle (again, true with this Gauntlet.) These are also then the three required characters for the essential nodes for the event. However, for this Gauntlet, it was:
- CMags for all essential nodes of the Wilderness
- [CORRECTED] LThor (?!?) for the first 3 essential node of Alpine Tactics
- [CORRECTED] CMags for the last 3 essential nodes of Alpine Tactics
- Black Panther (?!?) for the first 3 essential nodes of Global Domination
- CMags again for the 4th and 5th essential nodes of Global Domination
- Antman for the final essential node of Global Domination

Is that normal for a Gauntlet event or is this just a complete anomaly?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gauntlet is strange. The 4* is usually only required for the very last node. I don't recall exactly when the 2* was last required to play essential missions. It's nothing new.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cmags was not essential for all of Alpine tactics. Lthor, who was neither featured not boosted, was required for the first set of essentials. This continues another gauntlet trend.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Thanks for the correction @stochasticism! For some reason, I remembered it as being CMags for both (I must have just breezed through those nodes. LOL!), but it is definitely LThor for the first 3 essentials in Alpine Tactics. I've corrected my original post.

But, back to my original point, this is just incredibly strange/confusing. I'm not sure why Gauntlet doesn't follow the established (unspoken?) rules of PVE. It'd be amazing if we got some insight into the logic of all this, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. icon_e_smile.gif