Should I sell my 5*s ?

rg72
rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
With the Unholy Outlaw Verses event, I was matched against teams of characters lvl 363 and above.

Lord of Thunder looks to be the same, but I haven't spend time skipping through yet.

My highest character is lvl 272.

I'm obviously in a transitional phase of the game, but is there a way of managing this so that I actually stand a chance in fights ? If I sell my 5*s (which would hurt) would this scale me back and match me against teams that are only are 20-30 levels higher than me ?

Or do I just suck it up and keep getting annihilated ?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cutting Hulk might help. Apparently matchmaking goes a bit wonky when you start leveling your second character as that labels you as a fivestar player. I haven't been in that situation myself though so I can't say for sure. icon_e_smile.gif Seems smarter to cut a one-cover Hulk than a multiple-cover Spiderman though...
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I agree. Leaving 5* at 255 seems to ease things a bit. Don't worry about pulling them, just don't sink iso in them.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    5's are way too random and rare to just toss. Stop putting iso in them. Looking at what your roster is I would hit you with no worries. My highest non 5 is buster at 229. I have all the 3's champed.

4 cover 5's are not a deterrent to me. Champed boosted 4's make me hesitate. Just focus on bringing up more 4's until you have more covers for your 5's.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    rg72 wrote:
    My highest character is lvl 272.
    Then having lv255 5*s isn't going to hurt you at all.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Thanks all.

I guess I just keep taking the hits whilst trying to boost my 4s
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Your top 3 would still be 270+ which would likely mean scaling wouldn't change much I believe.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Matchmaking isn't designed for you to only see characters at your level or below. Don't sell your five stars, they very likely aren't changing anything.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't sell. Most of your 5* aren't usable yet, but your 3* roster is robust, and with a couple champed 4* you should be able to beat most teams you're matched with. Try to hit ~ 400 early in PvP, float until the final hours, and make sure you've got health packs available for the final climb to whatever your target is.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    No. Never sell your 5* characters. Ever. Never ever.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I'm fighting the same level as you and my non 5* highest is 183. The last team I lost points to was champed OML/363 cyke/310 Thor.

If your boosted character is over 300, just the way it goes.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    don't sell 5*s!

especially not if your highest character is a 272 4* champ.

It sucks that you see level 370+ opponents in PVP, but everyone does if they get a high enough score. Selling your 5*s won't help in that regard. It will just slow your overall progress.