Why was Iceman's pvp cover skipped?

Davan
Davan Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Subject says it all. I think Cho was skipped as well. Is this linked to possible reworking s and nerfs? Even if that's true the people with him champed can respec anyway.

I'm at 12 covers for iceman. It would have been my final cover. Really bad to change the rotation like that.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Would like an answer as well please?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Reworked 4* will kick off the new 4* pvps next season.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    What's happening with Iceman? Hopefully they are changing his art cause he looks horrible.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:

Speculation or information?
  • Forget Iceman, why was Cho skipped? #quitbullyingcho2016
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just sad that Hulkbuster blueflag.png is the next PvP prize, and my Hulkbuster is currently sitting at 3/5/3 with a blackflag.png cover about to expire and my IM40 at lv182 icon_cry.gif

The cover schedule is set - they basically go in reverse order. The last one was red, this one is blue, the next will be black. They also do these covers in more-or-less alphabetical order (sometimes they put them out of place, like Elektra to promote Daredevil S2, and as I recall there's some oddness with the last few.) This doesn't count the "The," so as people note Cho should have come out before Iceman, then IW and IMHB. I guess it is as thisone said - they're planning on reworking a few characters next season (only a week from Sunday,) so they just put them a bit out of order. That seems extremely plausible.

Dunno why they want to rework Iceman, though, he's a perfectly good character as is, but not more powerful than anyone else in the top tier, IMHO.

Anyway - remember one cover, more or less, isn't going to make or break your game. Sure, it would be awesome, but it will come up sooner or later.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    GrimSkald wrote:

The cover schedule is set - they basically go in reverse order. The last one was red, this one is blue, the next will be black.

They don't actually go in reverse order. They go in order but rotate with first place and 1000 progression.

Example: If HB red is first place, HB black will be 1000 progression. Then next time HB comes around, HB blue will be first place, then HB red will be 1000 progression.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

The cover schedule is set - they basically go in reverse order. The last one was red, this one is blue, the next will be black.

They don't actually go in reverse order. They go in order but rotate with first place and 1000 progression.

Example: If HB red is first place, HB black will be 1000 progression. Then next time HB comes around, HB blue will be first place, then HB red will be 1000 progression.

Huh, I thought we were looking at the progression, not the placement rewards. If you look at the progression against itself, it goes in reverse order. The last time IMHB was a progression reward, he awarded black. The time previous to that was blue. This time it will be red.

Placement rewards? Heh. I've never gotten #1 in anything, that I recall, so I just don't pay attention to those. Today I earned 1450 points in "Unholy Outlaw" and placed 109th...
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I dont know if it goes off specific characters and their previous rewards, but more on a cycle. The cycle goes

Event A: 1st- Character A top power
    Event B: progression- Character A Middle
    1st- Character B bottom
    Event C: progression- Character B top
    1st Character C middle

etc....

The perception may be that last time they gave X cover, and this time they'll give Y cover, but the truth is it's all dependent on where the character falls in the rotation. Generally speaking, if the rewards list remains stagnant, they should cycle through, but the new releases (or changes to the distribution order) throw everything off
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Dunno why they want to rework Iceman, though, he's a perfectly good character as is, but not more powerful than anyone else in the top tier, IMHO.

It's because I'm 30CP away from full covers and championing him, that's why.
    Whenever a really good character is within my grasp of usability they tend to change them.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Seriously, though, could we get an answer please? Cause I'da really liked that Iceman cover.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    How come when I say something like this, the post gets deleted and I get put on double-secret probation?
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Eh, with a 4/5/3 Iceman it would be much better to get a champ level for Hulkbuster than another purple cover if I hit 1K. Right? icon_cry.gif
  • HaywireII wrote:
    Eh, with a 4/5/3 Iceman it would be much better to get a champ level for Hulkbuster than another purple cover if I hit 1K. Right? icon_cry.gif

If you have the iso8.png you can get that purpleflag.png cover, champ cold-boy and respec him to 5/5/3 :]
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    If you have the iso8.png you can get that purpleflag.png cover, champ cold-boy and respec him to 5/5/3 :]

My 2/0/0 Old Man Logan demands that I only spend command points on classic legends tokens.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like Cho is going to be the progression in Black Vortex, so I hope they will take the time to hand out Iceman in the next off-season event...
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Iceman wasn't skipped. They restarted the 4* DDP last week with X-23. The new order is alphabetically with respect to variant name (I.e., Old Man Logan, X-force, Patch, etc.). Look in the "News" forum and you'll see the recent post.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Iceman wasn't skipped. They restarted the 4* DDP last week with X-23. The new order is alphabetically with respect to variant name (I.e., Old Man Logan, X-force, Patch, etc.). Look in the "News" forum and you'll see the recent post.
    This is about the PvP progression reward, not the DDQ. Sorry for not making it clear when I bumped it. That Went from Ghost Rider to Invisible Woman a few weeks ago, skipping over Hulk and Iceman. Now Hulk is back as a reward, and I'm wondering if Iceman is far behind...