Pauses (for reflection?) in Gameplay

The Bob The
The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hiya friends! Anyone else noticing some long - occasionally looooong - pauses when loading a match, ending a match, really doing anything meaningful in the vicinity of a match? Seems like it began (for me) after downloading the latest update. It's very literally a drag, and disrupts both my flow and ability to play a quick game on the **** without arousing suspicions. Be this a known issue, and be there any way we could get it fixed with a soonishness? Much obliged in advance!

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Thanks for the reports everyone. The dev team are aware and currently investigating. Please refer to this Bugs thread and continue to provide your device specs and where & when you are seeing the black screens/increased loading: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50861

We appreciate your assistance as we work on getting this corrected.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yea, it's not safe tho...

Forget true healing, forget absurd scaling. Forget RNGesus progression and grossly outdated reward layouts. Forget all of the things I've threatened to quit over, this is what will do it. I played DDQ this morning and I no longer want to touch the game, at all, until they sort this one out. I'm a busy adult with many important things to do. Moreover, I'm an impatient adult, and playing this game requires clicking to and from many different screens, almost constantly. Add a pause of several seconds for EVERY time I switch screens or click on something? Nope...noooooooppppppppeeeeeee.
  • The Bob The
    Stare ye into the blackness of the digital abyss ...

But don't stare too long, you may come to your senses in regards to a certain game.

A couple secs at a time ought to be safe.

I too prefer my abyss-gazing on the installment plan, which is why I work in higher education.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    No noticeable difference on iOS.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on iOS and it's brutally slow. 8-10 second pauses anytime I switch screens.

On the plus side, I've done some soul searching during the pauses and realized that deep down, I never really wanted to be a finance guy. I wanted to be...A LUMBERJACK.

But seriously, holy god this is annoying.
  • tanis3303 wrote:
    Yea, it's not safe tho...

Forget true healing, forget absurd scaling. Forget RNGesus progression and grossly outdated reward layouts. Forget all of the things I've threatened to quit over, this is what will do it. I played DDQ this morning and I no longer want to touch the game, at all, until they sort this one out. I'm a busy adult with many important things to do. Moreover, I'm an impatient adult, and playing this game requires clicking to and from many different screens, almost constantly. Add a pause of several seconds for EVERY time I switch screens or click on something? Nope...noooooooppppppppeeeeeee.

This. DDQ took forever and I'm crunched for time and can't get myself to play two my he's in the time it used to take 4-5.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Agree w/ all of the above. This is by far the most annoyed I've been at the game in the 1.5 years I've been playing it (the crashing issue was also really bad). I can only hope it's fixed before real PVE starts. And, guess I'm doing 1-2 matches per PVP hop instead of 3-4. Better be a quick fix and soon. Will destroy a lot of the goodwill the devs have created over the past few quality of life updates if we have to wait until the next full update (or beyond).
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Revising my previous post - after downloading the update I concur. There's a long pause every time you change screens. It's not game-breaking but highly annoying, especially if you're trying to time a shield hop.
  • The Bob The
    Calnexin wrote:
    Revising my previous post - after downloading the update I concur. There's a long pause every time you change screens. It's not game-breaking but highly annoying, especially if you're trying to time a shield hop.

It's also a delight in Lightning Rounds, whether you're trying to get all the seeds before getting hit at the beginning or playing for placement at the end.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to say "it won't affect your hops cause it's the same for everyone"... then remembered its iOS only.
    Yeah, fix please.