Quick, before it's too late!

IamTheDanger
IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
On September 1st, 5* Black Widow was added to the game. Now here we are, two weeks later. And as we all know, new characters usually come every 2 weeks.
If they, the devs, stay with that schedule, the next character will be added on the 15th. The event starting on the 15th will be DPvsMPQ.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. Also starting on the 15th, DPvsMPQ will be the first event with the new S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.

Now we come to my request. Because SCL is a new feature, starting it with a new release can be problematic. There might be bugs/glitches/exploits. There are still quite a few unanswered questions. Therefore, if DPvsMPQ is a new release, then I ask that you please, please change it before it's too late. If the event starts, it will not be possible too make changes at that point. I ask this because by changing it, we would have a little time to work with SCL and figure out exactly how it works. Figuring it out during a new release event would just be stressful and upset some people.

I'm one those that loves new characters and look forward to each release. Yet not everyone feels as I do. Players are constantly asking Demi to slow down the releases. Well, this is one time where I agree with them.

So I'm asking the forumites to add their comments. Maybe we can get it changed.

tl;dr... if DPvsMPQ is a new release event, please change it to a regular event in case of bugs/glitches and the need to learn how it works.
. If it is not, and it's just a regular event, then just ignore this thread. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    There is a teaser out, but nothing more. Haven't had any of the usual steps in the new release dance .... there would have been a "Piecing Together.." article last Friday or today at latest ... which always includes the same Q&A ("New toon plays best with Starlord, and is available next Thursday".

I am guessing next release is 9/22?

Luke Cage premieres 9/30 tho, so a 9/22 drop means either a new release a week before a show release, or nothing on 9/22 and we go a month with no release?

Considering all the new features rolling out, I think a month off releases would be understandable ... And appreciated ... by devs and players alike!

(Now watch a "Piecing Together" drop tomorrow .... icon_rolleyes.gif )
  • IamTheDanger
    There is a teaser out, but nothing more. Haven't had any of the usual steps in the new release dance .... there would have been a "Piecing Together.." article last Friday or today at latest ... which always includes the same Q&A ("New toon plays best with Starlord, and is available next Thursday".

I am guessing next release is 9/22?

Luke Cage premieres 9/30 tho, so a 9/22 drop means either a new release a week before a show release, or nothing on 9/22 and we go a month with no release?

Considering all the new features rolling out, I think a month off releases would be understandable ... And appreciated ... by devs and players alike!

(Now watch a "Piecing Together" drop tomorrow .... icon_rolleyes.gif )

That's pretty much what I'm hoping for. But I was discussing this on Line with others, (still not sure how I was elected to be the one to make the post. I think I was tricked icon_lol.gif ) and we figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Just in case it is a new release.

On the other hand, it could be that it's a new release and that SCL makes little to no difference and runs perfectly with no bugs. Either way, thought I'd ask.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    tl;dr... if DPvsMPQ is a new release event, please change it to a regular event. If it is not, and it's just a regular event, then just ignore this thread. icon_lol.gif

Deadpool Vs. MPQ is not a new character release event. Nothing to see here. Please move along. icon_deadpool.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    tl;dr... if DPvsMPQ is a new release event, please change it to a regular event. If it is not, and it's just a regular event, then just ignore this thread. icon_lol.gif

Deadpool Vs. MPQ is not a new character release event. Nothing to see here. Please move along. icon_deadpool.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif

Well, nevermind then. icon_lol.gif
    Now I'm not worried about trying to figure it out or it having bugs. No offense to Demiurge, but bugs with new features has been know to happen once or twice.
    So thank you for a definite answer.
This discussion has been closed.