Peggy can see invis

dave7099
dave7099 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
So final node of gauntlet. I'm down to just professor x. I'm invisible. She fires blue, because she's not targeting px it stuns him then she finishes me with her red. This seems broken and/or cheap

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Working as intended.
  • dave7099
    dave7099 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    "stuns all enemies but the target". With the only char on my team left alive being prof, how can he not be the target?
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    dave7099 wrote:
    "stuns all enemies but the target". With the only char on my team left alive being prof, how can he not be the target?

Well, since his invis says he can't be targeted... invis characters get struck by AoE's and since the stun ability is an AoE, he gets hit.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    dave7099 wrote:
    There is no target, but there's an untargeted enemy and it also creates countdown tiles so it's legitimately usable without a target.

That's both perfectly logical and kind of awesome for the skill. I'd say "working as intended".
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    It's the same with Carnage's red. Carnage vs invisible PX will whiff the main damage, but do the aoe damage to PX since it hits all other people. This happened to me in Venom Bomb. Sucks, but that's how it's supposed to work.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    The issue, if I understand it is, if your last character is not invisible, they wouldn't get stunned, but since profx was, he could be stunned? That doesn't seem right. It's reasonable that he would be stunned being invisible if you had other characters alive still, but not if he was the last one.
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    The issue, if I understand it is, if your last character is not invisible, they wouldn't get stunned, but since profx was, he could be stunned? That doesn't seem right. It's reasonable that he would be stunned being invisible if you had other characters alive still, but not if he was the last one.

Again, the stun is the AoE effect. Which means Prof X gets hit. If it was half damage instead of the stun he would be hit by the half damage. No matter how you try, it's a non-targeted effect and since Prof X can't be a target because of his invis, he's it by it.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Suddenreal wrote:

Again, the stun is the AoE effect. Which means Prof X gets hit. If it was half damage instead of the stun he would be hit by the half damage. No matter how you try, it's a non-targeted effect and since Prof X can't be a target because of his invis, he's it by it.

I'm not questioning the why, there was no need to explain it again. The question is the ridiculousness of a character being invisible as a literal weakness, instead of just not good enough to save them. In this scenario, it is worse to be invisible than it is to be not. That's just plain wrong.