2»

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Options
    IT'S BEEN BUFFED???

ARE YOU ****ING ****ING ME???

[EDIT] Reports are coming in of all kinds of strange new things that Prism Array is doing in 1.7. This overreaction has been postponed until further notice.
  • JMussels
    JMussels Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    IT'S BEEN BUFFED???

Nerfed, too. The draw card effect no longer works if there is no opponent creature to freeze.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JMussels wrote:
    shteev wrote:
    IT'S BEEN BUFFED???

Nerfed, too. The draw card effect no longer works if there is no opponent creature to freeze.

So they reverted to its original form. Lame.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    IT'S BEEN BUFFED???

[EDIT] Reports are coming in of all kinds of strange new things that Prism Array is doing in 1.7. This overreaction has been postponed until further notice.

I'm interested in knowing what the buff was. Seems to be pure nerf. Any other side effect?
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    shteev wrote:
    IT'S BEEN BUFFED???

I'm interested in knowing what the buff was. Seems to be pure nerf. Any other side effect?
    They fixed hexproof so now cards that affect a players first creature can hit hexproof creatures. (As this effect does not use the word 'target'.) This was the original intended behavior as stated in another thread by JC.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    shteev wrote:
    IT'S BEEN BUFFED???

They fixed hexproof so now cards that affect a players first creature can hit hexproof creatures. (As this effect does not use the word 'target'.) This was the original intended behavior as stated in another thread by JC.

This is huge. The inconsistency of the behavior has thrown me off so often.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Doesn't make me lose games

People used to say that about Ancestral Recall.

Wish I knew what Ancestral Recall is
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    shteev wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

A card from the original Magic the Gathering. It draws 3 cards and costs 1 blue mana. It was part of a cycle of cards which did 3 of something for one mana of a colour, and was part of the original set, and hence designed before people really understood that cards and (for instance) life gain were not of equal value. It's now considered to be in the top ten most overpowered cards ever made in the game.

I don't think it's a fair comparison mind you, card draw is a much bigger deal in MtG than in MtGPQ.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ancestral Recall, Timewalk, Twiddle, Timetwister. Ah...the classic blue most OP cards.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Irgy wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    shteev wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

A card from the original Magic the Gathering. It draws 3 cards and costs 1 blue mana. It was part of a cycle of cards which did 3 of something for one mana of a colour, and was part of the original set, and hence designed before people really understood that cards and (for instance) life gain were not of equal value. It's now considered to be in the top ten most overpowered cards ever made in the game.

I don't think it's a fair comparison mind you, card draw is a much bigger deal in MtG than in MtGPQ.

You're right, it's not a fair comparison.. it's more like putting Ancestral Recall on an Isochron Scepter.

I disagree that card draw is a much bigger deal in MtG than in MtGPQ. That's only really true if at any moment every card in your deck is of equal value to you, and that's often not the case. Prism Array, Behold the Beyond, Tamiyo's Journal, Day's Undoing, even Talent of the Telepath and Artificer's Epiphany, they all help you draw the specific card that you need *right now*, rather than just another creature from your deck. If you have too many cards in your hand, try exiling some.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This card is annoying, but it hasn't lost me games the way an early gaia's revenge or Koth's **** combos has. Just cast a second and third creature, deny mana as usual and prism array loses its effectiveness.