S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level Prizes - Alliance Edition

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I know more information will be forthcoming, but would somebody like to address the alliance prizes?

Awesome that tiered individual prizes will be rolling out! Great job!

But this leaves a slight grey area as to what the alliance prize will become. Will it be the same 3* reward like it currently is? Or will alliance rewards also be tiered to the individual?

I only ask because depending on what the reward is, it definitely makes the decision on staying with my PVP alliance versus my PVE alliance a lot easier when event ending overlaps.

Thanks!

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Its an important note that Clearance Level doesn't impact MMR. I saw the announcement and immediately got concerned about people at different levels still being able to contribute scores to alliance events - and being able to continue to do so at the same level they contribute today.

My assumption is that alliance prizes will remain largely unchanged due to the Clearance Level feature - since 'scoring' in any given event should remain the same as today. Individual prizes change because the player pool they have self-selected to compete against is a higher level group, but the score they are able to add to the alliance should be unchanged.

To have alliance-class Clearance prizing would you have to have all 20 members join at a given level? Seems like you wouldn't see an Alliance-class CL prize until CL is changed to affect MMR/Scaling instead of just the bracket and prizes you are in.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    What if the alliance reward you got was dependent on what CL you select and everyone else in the alliance as well. So you still work as a team to determine placement but the reward for that placement depends on what level you selected. That would work right? It would give folks more of the rewards they are working towards.

This wouldn't penalize alliances from having different roster types together which would be nice.
  • madok
    madok wrote:
    What if the alliance reward you got was dependent on what CL you select and everyone else in the alliance as well. So you still work as a team to determine placement but the reward for that placement depends on what level you selected. That would work right? It would give folks more of the rewards they are working towards.

This wouldn't penalize alliances from having different roster types together which would be nice.

Bam! I guessed right. Guess I should go by a lottery ticket tonight.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    madok wrote:

icon_e_biggrin.gif

They don't depend on anything other than the clearance level you select.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    madok wrote:

icon_e_biggrin.gif

That's what madok said. Reward depends on the level you select, and the same is true of rewards for the rest of the alliance as well. If your alliance mate picks level 3, they'll get the reward for rank 175 or whatever at level 3. You'll get it for rank 6 or whatever you chose.

Could have been phrased more clearly, but that's what madok said.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    DFiPL wrote:
    madok wrote:
    madok wrote:

icon_e_biggrin.gif

That's what madok said. Reward depends on the level you select, and the same is true of rewards for the rest of the alliance as well. If your alliance mate picks level 3, they'll get the reward for rank 175 or whatever at level 3. You'll get it for rank 6 or whatever you chose.

Yeah, see that now. Hooray for a proper implementation of alliance rewards in this system!
  • madok
    DFiPL wrote:

Yep. I blame the lack of sleep from staying up to hop between alliances for PVE and PVP rewards. I type gud.

tired-meme.jpg