Storm (Classic)

Sky273
Sky273 Posts: 5
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
OK. So I have been playing this game for over three years, and I have had Classic Storm for almost as long as I have had the game. But I have always noticed, especially lately, just how weak she is compared to the rest of the 2* characters. Her max health at level 123 is 3368. Compare that to 2* Thor and Captain America. I have Cap at level 117 with 7214 max health, and Thor at 114 with 6797 max health. Storm is severely outmatched. There is no way to play her with two lower level 2* characters without having her be the first (and only) one to die. She has great powers (particularly blue) but I never get to use them. Even when certain characters get a level/power boost during certain events, Storm is severely under-health. Boosted to level 186 Storm's max health is 4560. Cap boosted to level 178 has a max health of 11411. That's over twice as much health at 8 levels lower than Storm. I don't know if there's a particular reason for this deficiency, but it does not seem to exist (or maybe it's just not as extreme) with Storm (Mohawk).

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's intentional. She's a glass cannon. Her blue is massive damage for a 2-star, especially for its low cost. You should be pairing her with things like a same/higher level Magneto and maybe Bullseye or Ms. Marvel (to reduce damage or tank all but green matches respectively). She's the Hood of her tier: low health to make up for just how powerful her blue is. If you can champ Iron Man 40, pair him with her when she's boosted and get an early Recharge to let off the Wind Storm and stun out the most dangerous enemy. consider putting in Luke Cage with rank 5 Unbreakable to mitigate the damage she does take. You know, when your roster allows.
  • That makes sense. It's still kind of frustrating, though. Do you have any suggestions for good 2* characters to pair her with for the Deadpool Daily Quests? I'm still winning them, but I never get to use her abilities. I want to learn how to win more efficiently and effectively.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Sky273 wrote:
    That makes sense. It's still kind of frustrating, though. Do you have any suggestions for good 2* characters to pair her with for the Deadpool Daily Quests? I'm still winning them, but I never get to use her abilities. I want to learn how to win more efficiently and effectively.

OBW & Thor... Alongside 2storm they get me through the 2* DPDQ nodes and I have even beaten the big enchilada using them (to win a bet)... Put storm on the far right and OBW will tank blue & Thor will tank yellow and green
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Salgy wrote:
    Sky273 wrote:
    That makes sense. It's still kind of frustrating, though. Do you have any suggestions for good 2* characters to pair her with for the Deadpool Daily Quests? I'm still winning them, but I never get to use her abilities. I want to learn how to win more efficiently and effectively.

OBW & Thor... Alongside 2storm they get me through the 2* DPDQ nodes and I have even beaten the big enchilada using them (to win a bet)... Put storm on the far right and OBW will tank blue & Thor will tank yellow and green

Another, similar alternative is 2* Mags and Ares.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget the combo of Storm, Mags and Hawkeye due to the synergy between them.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Crowl wrote:
    Don't forget the combo of Storm, Mags and Hawkeye due to the synergy between them.
    My absolute favorite. Seeing the board fill up with speed shot countdowns is a wonderful thing.
  • eMaRDi
    eMaRDi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    It's a pity. I think she was boosted in a recent PvE event (as weekly or in the event). While she really rocks the lower difficulties (until about Level 60).
    I used her in a PvE at boosted level 200 (?). Her signature blue seems to do only a little more damage compared to the lower levels (unboosted level 100 for example).

Championed with boost she easily covers yellow and especially green. However, when in front she does not take much damage (about 5K health with level 200?). That's even below Iron Fist (who I would call a Glass cannon).

Her best place in my view is DDQ 2 wave mission - however nowadayss I tend to use other 2*s for that node, as her blue needs some blue matches to work (12 isn't exactly a low AP requirement). If you multiply her level ~120 2300 (?) damage times three however, she rocks.
    Ares with a deep green pool might do more damage as a 2* (who is godlike if goons do not have green powers).

Regarding teammates, I miss black in the suggestions (apart from Luke Cage). I think Black Panther (Black, Blue, Yellow) together with e.g. mentioned Grey Suit Black Widow would be interesting. However my question would be why using Classic Storm in this combination?
    3* Storm has got an interesting black ability (~1000 damage per round) and a little larger health pool. The only drawback: no group damage (and stun).

Thinking of "stun" Classic Storm has however one of the strongest stun abilities (next to 1* Black Window's maybe).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I Think CStorm's Health is a bit of a Casualty from Power creep. When she was introduced the max level for a 2* was 85, and her Health was low but not much lower than anyone elses. Then the max level for a 2* was raised to 94 and the gap widened a bit. Then champion levels came and increased the 2* Health by 50% and Storm fell behind even more.
    Fortunately she can still kick a lot of behind. icon_e_smile.gif I usually hide her behind OBW to make sure she can fire that Wind Storm...
  • All the notes about OBW are a huge help. I'll have to start from the bottom with her, but hopefully it shouldn't take too long...we'll see. I still think her health should be a little higher, because even when special events roll around, her blue power doesn't increase nearly enough to be worth it with such low health.
    On a side note, The Hood is definitely another glass cannon, right?
  • zodiac339
    eMaRDi wrote:
    Regarding teammates, I miss black in the suggestions (apart from Luke Cage). I think Black Panther (Black, Blue, Yellow) together with e.g. mentioned Grey Suit Black Widow would be interesting. However my question would be why using Classic Storm in this combination?
    3* Storm has got an interesting black ability (~1000 damage per round) and a little larger health pool. The only drawback: no group damage (and stun).
    The question regarded Deadpool Daily, so it was probably aimed at the 2 wave survival node that locks out 3,4,5 star characters, along with the Third Time's the Charm. I use her with Magneto and Ms. Marvel so that she only tanks green and there are 2 AOE. Also, the original poster is most likely transitioning from 2 star to three star and simply doesn't have access to all the 3 star partners.

As a side note, I love ending the survival mission with Magnetic Flux. Watching that giant hole open up on the field feels great.
  • zodiac339 wrote:
    eMaRDi wrote:
    The question regarded Deadpool Daily, so it was probably aimed at the 2 wave survival node that locks out 3,4,5 star characters, along with the Third Time's the Charm. I use her with Magneto and Ms. Marvel so that she only tanks green and there are 2 AOE. Also, the original poster is most likely transitioning from 2 star to three star and simply doesn't have access to all the 3 star partners.

As a side note, I love ending the survival mission with Magnetic Flux. Watching that giant hole open up on the field feels great.

My question was specifically aimed to the DD round where you can only use 2* characters. I only have three 2* characters and two 1* characters. My three 2* characters work fairly well together, but I was getting upset at how difficult it has been to keep Storm alive. I use Thor, Cap, and Storm, but was looking for better choices that would be an easy fix. Right now I'm leaning toward adding another character slot and adding OBW. (Most of my roster is 3* and 4* characters, and since I don't spend money on the game, I have to save up tokens and it takes forever to save up enough to add slots for new characters. Hence my limited 1* and 2* characters.)
  • zodiac339
    Sky273 wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    eMaRDi wrote:

My question was specifically aimed to the DD round where you can only use 2* characters. I only have three 2* characters and two 1* characters. My three 2* characters work fairly well together, but I was getting upset at how difficult it has been to keep Storm alive. I use Thor, Cap, and Storm, but was looking for better choices that would be an easy fix. Right now I'm leaning toward adding another character slot and adding OBW. (Most of my roster is 3* and 4* characters, and since I don't spend money on the game, I have to save up tokens and it takes forever to save up enough to add slots for new characters. Hence my limited 1* and 2* characters.)
    Bigger issue is that all those 2 stars have 3 star versions, which can mean being locked out of mission 3. It's hard to get rolling when you don't/can't put money in. And not a small investment either. Just having enough roster spots to get going means $100 into the big Hero Point buy. Once you can roster the 2 stars, you can get a rotation of champions going to farm the rewards from it: ISO, HP, Tokens, CP. Probably and overall loss of ISO by rostering, covering, leveling, championing, maxing, and selling, but the additional rewards make up for it as far as I'm concerned.
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Sky273 wrote:

I use Thor, Storm and Magneto. In the first round, I mainly focus on filling up AP for my abilities. Only take green when you know you won't get hit, get purple to fuel Storm's blue, yellow to fuel Thor's green and red to finish off the last goon so you get the first move in the next wave. Then Storm's blue to finish off two goons and stun the strongest one and kill the last one with Thor's green. I even use the same combination in the Big Enchilada (though I replace 2* Thor with 3*). I then use Magneto's purple to fuel blue, Thor's yellow to fuel green, Magneto's red and Storm's green to fuel whatever and by the time I hit wave three I usually have 30 AP in several abilities. It's a bit slow at first, but once you get the winfinite going, you keep rolling and just kill them in one round (last wave is always two Wind Storms followed by a Call the Storm and they're all dead).
  • eMaRDi
    eMaRDi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In

Oh sorry, misunderstood your headline. Well as I do that quest every day when possible, my most favourite is OBW,2* Captain Marvel and 2* Wolverine.
    Personally OBW is one of my most useful characters overall. She does not take much damage but it is astonishing how much she can deliver. Her Blue is very convenient for Goons (like "Sniper" or "Threaten" tiles), and her Purple 3 fuels usually Captain Marvel and Wolverine.

Wolverine's Green is very interesting if I do not use Captain Marvels Red. If Wolverine is championed, his red deals about 3.5K damage, that's usually a down for most enemies.
    Storm is OK for the 2* wave mission, however you have to collect all that Blue AP.
    2* covers from tokens are very much even (even if it doesn't look that way sometimes). Lately I really like Ares (his Red is a blast and his Green useful in the last wave if no goons are present which use green AP).

Captain Marvel would be one of the "Swiss knives". Her Black hits all with ~2K (if the countdown isn't matched), her yellow doesn't cost much and someties cascades nicely (especially if saved for 2-3 activations) and her Red is "OK" (at least cheap and destroys enemy shields).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares, storm, magneto is also good. Ares and mags completely tank for storm, assuming they're the same level, and magneto+ storm is good for reasons mentioned above. Ares is, of course, excellent.