Lockout Node on alpine tactics problem?

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I may be wrong, but didn't ALL previous runs of gauntlet allow you to progress to the next board by just completing the main path? Specificially, you din't have to beat the essentials to progress?

Not sure if this is a bug or a new design change?

Comments

• donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    It looks like a design change to me.

And yes, you're right: previously, you only had to complete the main path to unlock the next sub.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    You still only need to complete the main course, but for some reason it takes a moment for the next sub to unlock. Try again.
  • dijidiji
    dijidiji Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Seems broken. I've cleared all nodes, still can't access the first node of Alpine. Gods, do we have to clear every node 3 times now, or what?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I had the same issue - single clear across all non required nodes. I force closed the game and restarted, and Alpine was unlocked as usual.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Hitting one essential node has worked for me. But still, when I go to the screen of the first node of the new sub, it looks locked. Then after a few seconds it magically unlocks. icon_lol.gif
  • dijidiji
    I've cleared all of the nodes, including the 6 essentials. I have restarted the game thrice. I have even cleared a few of the low-level nodes a second time, to see if it would force something. Alpine is still locked. This is on PC.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on Alpine, and I didn't do the side nodes on the first yet. But, it did take a minute or so before it unlocked. It appears to be very laggy, but not broken.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess it just takes a few min. It took the game a few min before it let me into the hard sub.
  • dijidiji
    I did get in eventually. But "a few minutes" was more than two hours, in my case.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    It happened to me. I went back to wilderness and checked leaderboards and rewards and it opened up for me right away.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    There is a problem here. I had a little problem getting Alpine Tactics to open, but it did after a couple minutes.

Now I can't get Global Domination to open. I beat everything including all side missions over an hour ago, checked leaderboards, and it still shows locked.

Edit: Of course after I posted this it opened up. If you have the same problem, post about it here. Seems to work. icon_e_smile.gif
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Force close your app, then start it up again. Seems to trigger the unlock. You don't need to clear the essentials to unlock subsequent subs.