Gauntlet obsolete rewards

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Once again Gauntlet is here, and once again its rewards have not been upgraded. THIS MUST CHANGE!

Everytime a Gaunlet is run we lose a lot of iso and CPs compared with other PvEs. Rewards need to be upgraded or run it together with another PvE event side by side (Gauntlet could be the like the Sim of PvE).

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    No command points, no play. And why bother now that the scaling cap (325) has been removed and your best characters are often locked out and used against you in the hardest missions

You can't even get xp unless you play all missions 6x.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully the clearance levels will address this. Unfortunately it will not be in time for this run, but future Gauntlets should have much better rewards.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the new reward structure has made the Guantlet obselete for sure. It's too bad what's happened to a once great event.

So this Guantlet run will get you a Venom cover and a couple of 3*s. The typical PvE gets you 25 CP + 2 per day, a 3* cover and a ton more ISO.

Would it kill the devs to update the rewards to a 4* cover and the 25 CP at the end?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

Would it kill the devs to update the rewards to a 4* cover and the 25 CP at the end?

Based on the number of times we've talked about this with Gauntlet, I don't think we can rule it out.
  • edgewriter
    edgewriter Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Agreed. Worst gauntlet yet. It's a huge grind with minimal rewards.
    Since it's harder than any other PVE, you feel stupid when you reach the end of the second gauntlet having used up all your power ups and realize all you have for your effort is two three star covers and another grind to go to get that single 4 star.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll probably still play it, but announcing clearance levels and then seeing the rewards in Gauntlet is one heck of a let down.
  • HawkGuy616
    HawkGuy616 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Agreed. CPs need to be a part of the reward structure. Make the 4* the penultimate reward, with 25 CPs the final. Toss in a few more along the way, maybe 5 and 10 for completing the first two gauntlets.

And while we're talking rewards for PVE, how about tossing in some iso after the 25 CP reward. I'm not a top player, but already have the CPs from the current event with over 24 hours to go. Since I know I'm not gonna hit top 10, there's little reason for me to grind nodes. Some extra iso, maybe 1000 for every 10,000 event points, would give me a little incentive to spend boosts and health against level 312 Moonstar/ Doom/ Ares.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    My venom is 4/2/5. If you could simply CHOOSE the color of your reward, I would run Gauntlet.

I have -NO REASON- to run gauntlet. That 1000 (hah!) ISO to sell the cover isn't nearly worth the scaling he..ck that is the gauntlet.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a plan and everything.
    I've got 78CP right now and 9 days to earn another 44 before my Ice Man cover must be sold. Whatever the next PvE was, I'd get 25 from that...and then within 9 days I'd get the 25 from the season. No problem!

but then they put up gauntlet...and now I'm screwed. After the season's complete I'll be 19 short. No idea where I'll get that in 9 days.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I've got 78CP right now and 9 days to earn another 44 before my Ice Man cover must be sold. Whatever the next PvE was, I'd get 25 from that...and then within 9 days I'd get the 25 from the season. No problem!

but then they put up gauntlet...and now I'm screwed. After the season's complete I'll be 19 short. No idea where I'll get that in 9 days.

I think you'll still be ok.

25 from end of season next Monday AM. Add 6 cp from Gauntlet - 31. That's 13 to go.

DP vs MPQ starts on 9/15. It has never run more than 4 days in the past (9/19). It will be giving things under new reward structure, but still awarding 25 cp, spread out over the table. Add to that any serendipitous cp from champ rewards, alliance purchases, or vip, and I think you'll get there (maybe with time to spare.)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    jffdougan wrote:

I think you'll still be ok.

25 from end of season next Monday AM. Add 6 cp from Gauntlet - 31. That's 13 to go.

DP vs MPQ starts on 9/15. It has never run more than 4 days in the past (9/19). It will be giving things under new reward structure, but still awarding 25 cp, spread out over the table. Add to that any serendipitous cp from champ rewards, alliance purchases, or vip, and I think you'll get there (maybe with time to spare.)

Wait, Gauntlet actually has CP? Damn...glad you told me, I was going to skip it based on that.
    Thanks for the advice!

Doesn't change the fact Gauntlet has become badly outdated though. Never really thought about it until this thread brought it up. Used to be one of the best events, now it feels...archaic.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    The first reward for the last node and last essential from the second branch, per sub, gets 1 cp the first time. Then 500 and then 250 ISO.

All other nodes are 500, 250, 100 ISO.

In his thread above, Anthony has acknowledged hearing our feedback about rewards, and has promised to bring it up, but not to count on anything for this run.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    ...now I'm screwed. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Everything jffdougan said, plus:
    credit-card.png

Make it rain.

Right now I can barely make it drizzle.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edgewriter wrote:
    Since it's harder than any other PVE, you feel stupid when you reach the end of the second gauntlet having used up all your power ups and realize all you have for your effort is two three star covers and another grind to go to get that single 4 star.

I agree, Gauntlet is one of the hardest challenges this game has to offer. Only those with powerful rosters get to the end.

I think the rewards are an early April fool joke....but no one is laughing icon_rolleyes.gif
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edgewriter wrote:

I agree, Gauntlet is one of the hardest challenges this game has to offer. Only those with powerful rosters get to the end.

I think the rewards are an early April fool joke....but no one is laughing icon_rolleyes.gif

I beat Gauntlet last time and I didn't (and still don't) have a 4* character above 120 or with more than 9 covers (and that's a 2/2/5 Invisible Woman), and my best 5 stars were a 2/1/1 Phoenix and 1/1/0 OML.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edgewriter wrote:

I beat Gauntlet last time and I didn't (and still don't) have a 4* character above 120 or with more than 9 covers (and that's a 2/2/5 Invisible Woman), and my best 5 stars were a 2/1/1 Phoenix and 1/1/0 OML.

Wth....wow
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Yellow Venom cover prize right after my 0/5/2 Venom had to chew up all my boosts in his DDQ crash. Yay timing. icon_lol.gif
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edgewriter wrote:

Wth....wow
    This is my roster right now, and about 10-12 of those 3* champs I didn't have during the last gauntlet (and my best 4 star was a 3/2/2 Ant-Man, IIRC).

The trick to Gauntlet (as long as you have your scaling under control by having a wide roster as opposed to a tall one) is to treat it like a puzzle. You look at the other team, and try to figure out the best team you can use to negate the advantages of that team. Even then, you end up having to use whales a couple times near the end.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, calling the gauntlet impossible seems weird to me. I've never gotten the final 4*, because I didn't have the right characters for all the paths, but as a transitioning 2-3*, I didn't find the fights all that difficult. Hard in places, but not anywhere near impossible. We'll see what it's like this time.

I suspect when you are built around using two high level 5* characters though, that it would be much more difficult to get through the nodes where you can't use those.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Day 400+. Never been able to complete Gauntlet. With the awful scaling I've seen so far, this isn't gonna be the event to break that streak. The rewards only matter if its possible to collect them.