Scaling and MMR ideas

LLohm
LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Dear developers,

I think it's time to head back to basics and let equilibrium solve your issues for you. Messing artificially has created a lot of unnecessary furore and I doubt, increased spending the way you think will happen.

1. Scaling (Pve)
Fix the scaling across nodes so that it does not fluctuate and let roster maturity determine placement. Weaker rosters can't compete and place top, I agree but is it meant to detriment mature rosters then?
It will create a natural pecking order and progression and placement reward will help in roster advancement. ie redesign placement and progression rewards with the view of them being useful to the rosters progressing or placing for them. You decide how fast or slow or play time is needed to "advance".
If a player chooses to use boost and other resources to compete for prizes above their roster weight class, more power to them.

2. MMR (Pvp)
This is just a ridiculous stupid concept. Just match according to points and all is solved. Why the need to make fights artificially challenging by MMR? Of a player wants to score more, the fights will naturally get harder and harder by themselves as the bigger rosters are able to hold points and the weaker ones can't. As above, a natural pecking order will evolve. You look at the line up and determine progression by adjusting to what you feel you want the players to advance at.

I see the above 2 issues as trying to create hope or protection for lesser rosters but end up punishing progression or advancement, which these rosters will shortly graduate into. Whatever is perceived as fairness will in time come and haunt you as progression = regression, to steal the title of the topic I saw in an earlier thread.
People who want faster or above average progression will spend to get there. It's inevitable and it supports the game. Or just play harder with available resources.

All in, what I'm asking is to let equilibrium deal with things. Artificial gates will always create many entitled feeling players who feel they deserve something extra based on current situations. Let their rosters then tell them where they belong and let the hours they play or support they provide to the game, guide them to their expectant placement. Unless they play vey hard and choose to tactically punch above their weight class to gain faster progression meant for lazier, higher and more matured rosters.

I truly believe that this will fixed many of the pitchfork issues you've been receiving and keep more players happy in general with the possible side effect of increased multitude spending slightly more.

Comments

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    They had adjusted scaling awhile back (around the time of the hulk) and it was honestly fine. But maybe three events ago they either switched back to the old way or adjusted it again without telling anyone. And they refuse to comment on it, which is weird.

If they would just put it back where it was I think it'd be fine.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Best forum post ever.