Two black widows at the same time

Options
Hello Everyone!

I was in the lightning rounds (Punisher) and as you can see I came across with two black widows, Yelena and modern!

Any explanations?
g6gb.png

Comments

• You can't play two characters who are the same person in-story together. Yelena and Natasha have both been called Black Widow, but they're different people.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    She's the dark Black Widow. It's like Wolverine and Daken or Hawkeye and Bullseye.
  • Aw right................
    Thanks!
  • Dark Avenger versions never clash with normal one.
  • On second thought, that is absolutely obvious, but i have never used Yelena and hardly ever the classic one so I never thought of it.....
  • I find it to be a deeper question.

Why

Why would even a seed team use Yelena
    Why would said team decide the best compliment to her is Modern Widow

This may be the most masterful example of a tank team I have seen yet, not even bagman can so completely capture the essence of 'please kill me now'
  • I like Yelena just the way she is - completely non-threatening at lvl 230.
  • Ghast wrote:
    I like Yelena just the way she is - completely non-threatening at lvl 230.

With goons feeding her black and purple she wasn't that much fun really. OTOH she saved me more than once as the AI used the black on her instead of devouring my people.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    I like Yelena just the way she is - completely non-threatening at lvl 230.

With goons feeding her black and purple she wasn't that much fun really. OTOH she saved me more than once as the AI used the black on her instead of devouring my people.

Seriously, I was taken by surprise when she was doing Payback Mission every third turn...o.O
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The MPQ game actually ignores the plot in the Dark Reign arc.

Spoiler alert.
    Osborn fakes communications from the then-missing Nick Fury (Sr.) To convince Natasha to infiltrate the Dark Avengers posing as Yelena. With Osborn in control of the mole-apparent, he can then track all communications that she makes to the fake Fury. He eventually uses her to find the real Fury in a hidden SHIELD safe house. To find out more, read the exciting conclusion in Thunderbolts #135!

So canonically, they are the same person during the Dark Reign story arc. As this game diverges from the canonical story, we will assume that A.I.M. let her join Osborn.
  • Her part of the play shows a deeper inception

Spoiler alert.
    Hydra created S.H.I.E.L.D, see secret warriors #1 for more details