Feature Info: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels *Updated

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ News and Announcements
*UPDATE (09/12/16)

Hi. We've reduced some minimum rank requirements for upcoming events. Here's word from Anthony at Demiurge:
    "In our first event featuring SCL, we've reduced the minimum rank requirement for S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6 and 7. We will be monitoring performance and participation and make any adjustments if needed."

We've updated the Clearance Level Ranks chart below to reflect this. Based on your questions, we've also added four new entries to the FAQ (see below).

Thanks!

Hi, everyone.

The R109 update is fast-approaching and it contains the first feature components of the new S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels! We know many of you are eager for details, so Anthony at Demiurge has put together the following info we hope you will find helpful.

Please note that SCL will not be instantly noticeable right when the R109 update drops early next week. Your first opportunity to dive in will be on September 15th. Read on!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels

Events that reward players based on their roster needs has been a long-requested feature and we are excited to bring that to you with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels! Soon, most Story and Versus events will have Clearance Levels that players can join and compete in.

Deadpool Vs. MPQ on September 15th will be the first Story event that has S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels. Different Clearance levels have different Placement and Progression rewards that award players appropriately for their current roster. When you enter the event, you will get to choose any Clearance Level that you have unlocked. For the duration of the event, you will be competing against other people in the same Clearance Level and End Time. Now, not only do you get to play for rewards that directly help your roster, but you will be playing with players who have similar roster needs!

The first Versus event that has S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels will be Iron Fist's Fist Bump on September 22.

We will have more detailed information on the Clearance Level rewards as we get closer to the events.

Additional Info:

What Are S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?
When selecting most events, you will be given the ability to select a Clearance Level. Clearance Levels let you play for rewards that are useful for your roster.

Which Events have Clearance Levels?
Once the system is in full effect, all regular Story and Versus Events will have Clearance Levels. S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and Seasons will have Clearance Levels as well. Deadpool's Daily Quest and Lightning Rounds do not have Clearance Levels.

How do I select a Clearance Level?
The first time you enter an event, a prompt will display the Clearance Levels that are available to you. You can select any Clearance Level that you have access to. After selecting the level, you will see the normal end time selection prompt. At this point, you will be able to change your Clearance Level. After you have chosen an end time, however, you will be locked into that Clearance Level for the duration of the event.

How do you unlock Clearance Level?
Clearance Levels unlock at different S.H.I.E.L.D. Ranks.
MPQ_SCL_Ranks_Sep_2016.png

What is the difference in rewards between each Clearance Level?
Each Clearance Level has different Placement and Progression rewards that are directly benificial to the S.H.I.E.L.D Rank you are. Higher Clearance Levels provide characters of a higher star-rating, more Iso-8, Hero Points, and Command Points. Below are the target goals for each Clearance Level:
    • Clearance Level 1 and 2 for 1-Stars. • Clearance Level 3 through 5 for 2-Stars. • Clearance Level 5 through 7 for 3-Stars. • Clearance Level 7 for 4-Stars.

How do I view what rewards I will get?
When you select the Event Rewards button on the Select a Clearance Level screen, you will be able to see the rewards for each Clearance Level that is available to you.

What if I want the rewards of a Clearance Level lower than the maximum Clearance Level I have earned?
You are able to enter any Clearance Level that is available to you.

Who am I competing against for these rewards?
When you enter an event you join a leaderboard comprised of other players that have selected the same Clearance Level and End Time that you have (event leaderboards still have the same maximum capacity as before). You will be competing against players in this leaderboard for Placement rewards.

How do Versus Events work with Clearance Levels?
Clearance Levels in Versus Events act just like any other event in terms of who you are competing against on the leaderboard. As for matchmaking, you will be matched against players in the same End Time to ensure there are enough players to play against. Currently, Clearance Levels do not impact matchmaking.

*Updated - New FAQ entries*:

Do S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels affect character restrictions for the event? Does it affect enemy levels or composition in missions?
Currently, different Clearance Levels do not change the characters that you play with or against, or the mission difficulty.

Do mission rewards change?
Currently, mission rewards do not change for different Clearance Levels.

Do Progression score targets change with different S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels?
Currently, each Clearance Level has the same Progression score targets. Command Points is the last Progression reward and has the same score target for each Clearance Level.

How do Alliance Rewards work?
Each member of the Alliance receives the reward from the Clearance Level that they chose. For example, a player who selected S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6, whose Alliance placed in the top 10, will receive all Clearance Level 6 rewards for top 10. If a member of the same Alliance chose S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5, that player would receive all the Clearance Level 5 rewards for top 10.

Preview Images:

MPQ_SCL_Event_Sign_Up_Sep_2016.JPG

MPQ_SCL_Event_Shard_Sep_2016.JPG