Reduce 1300 PvP Progression to 1150.

babinro
babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Changing pvp will have a major impact on how people have been earning rewards for several months now. While I'm not at all against the idea of trying to tackle the cupcake issue and make PvP a more competitive environment I do think that simply changing things without considering the impact on players is a mistake.

CC's aren't something that are new to the game. This issue hasn't been tackled in a timely manor by the devs. As such, you have a non-insignificant portion of the community who are used to the 25 cp bonus and probably still feel that their roster progress into 4* tier play or 5* tier play is slow.

By potentially taking this reward away from a lot of transitioners this potentially forces that group to take action. We've already seen some extreme sides of this by people saying the game is dead or that they'll no longer spend money because they feel what slow progress they were making has just been cut out from under them.

I think D3 should accept that these changes WILL have an impact on scores and how many people earn rewards. Since those players are accustomed to these rewards then perhaps you should meet the player base half way and make CP progression easier to achieve.

TLDR: Make PvP more competitive but not at the expense of reward progression. If 10% of players made 1300 before these changes take effect then you should alter progression to ensure ~10% of the player base makes it afterwards as well.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I proposed an entire revised rewards table for PvP right after the weird Peggy PvP event with 2 4* covers. PvP rewards should be changed, but i dont think just dropping the 1.3k cp is enough. 3* rosters have a really hard time hitting 800 points or finishing top 100 (especially in s4). The whole tables needs to be modified.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    10% of players did not make progression in any PvP event that has ever been run in the history of the game. Color me shocked if 1% ever did.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    10% of players did not make progression in any PvP event that has ever been run in the history of the game. Color me shocked if 1% ever did.
    Then how is it I keep getting 1300 and finishing out of the top 100 in a 500 person bracket?
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    Then how is it I keep getting 1300 and finishing out of the top 100 in a 500 person bracket?

1. You don't see newbie brackets
    2. This is slice dependent. 1300 will get you T25 or better in some slices.

It's certainly more than 1% but likely somewhere underneath 10%.

I'd love to see the breakdown.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Guess that depends how many total brackets were made for that event (which we carefully aren't told that I'm aware of).
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Atlas Axe wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

And in addition to newbie brackets and alternate slices, there's also portion of active PvE players who have given up on PvP entirely.

Right now, my fairly casual alliance is ranked at 804 for the season. All of our players play daily, but four of them have zero points on the season. Eight more have under 1000 points, and probably haven't been in each event. It just isn't fun for them.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    firethorne wrote:
    Atlas Axe wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

And in addition to newbie brackets and alternate slices, there's also portion of active PvE players who have given up on PvP entirely.

Right now, my fairly casual alliance is ranked at 804 for the season. All of our players play daily, but four of them have zero points on the season. Eight more have under 1000 points, and probably haven't been in each event. It just isn't fun for them.

My casually competitive alliance is half full of players that haven't played a PvE event in several seasons. And they also play daily. PvE isn't fun for them. Not everybody will enjoy all modes within the game.