A Positive Spin

ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This is the most people I have seen on the forums active in ages!

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I think you might be mistaken, nothing has changed. Not the game, not the people on the forum.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Except the ones now banned for their posts

Free the Jobob 1 icon_e_smile.gif

yes I know I'll be banned for this
  • ZeroKarma
    When was the last time I posted, lol.

Take a screenshot and send it to CS.
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Glad that we have Freedom of Speech.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jobob didn't get banned did he?
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker

yeah
  • ZeroKarma

So, I read his posts. Explain to me what was so terrible, except that he didn't agree with the way this pooptyphoon is being handled????
  • animerat
    animerat Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I read Jobob post. I don't see why he should be banned. The questions he proposed and asked were legitimate especially since a lot of players were noticing the change.

#FreeJobob
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Review the game on Google Play store or ios as they can't delete that.
  • Sleepy72
    Sleepy72 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Jobob was made of wood therefore a witch and we should indeed burn him
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Less of a ban. More of a 1 day suspension for jobob.

And I agree that the content of his thread was constructive. Kind surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

Such a tired and wrong argument. You're right you don't on a forum. You are under whatever rules the mods and and admins sets. If they want to make a rule that you can only post in complete sentences or every post must have the wordy kitty in it, they could.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

This entire debate has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech (in a constitutional sense) for a pretty long list of reasons.

That said, demi and d3 would be very wise to continue allowing dissenting opinions on these boards. If they start censoring everything, the forums will be about as useful as the marvel.com "interviews" (read: press releases) that announce new characters.
  • OneLastGambit
    I followed Jobob posts and I really fail to see why he was (temporarily) suspended.

His posts asked genuine questions and at times were informative as well. He didn't use any bad language or maliciously antagonize anyone. Sure there was a bit of mocking but that was just messing about. Anyone who has read any of his posts can see he's actually quite a helpful chap.

Bit hammer happy there mods, I'm generally a suporter of the work you (thanklessly) do but I think perhaps todays forum hyperbole may have gotten to you a bit
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Bit hammer happy there mods, I'm generally a supporter of the work you (thanklessly) do but I think perhaps today's forum hyperbole may have gotten to you a bit

Mods are well compensated by D3 every month: cover of choice and a grab bag of in-game currencies.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma wrote:

So, I read his posts. Explain to me what was so terrible, except that he didn't agree with the way this pooptyphoon is being handled????

Essentially, you can get a warning for posting anything which suggests the developers are wrong. That can be ramped up to a ban if you're using stronger language. You can also get a warning/ban for posting "misinformation". A saw some people referring to the current incident with defensive teams as a "patch" or "update", when the reality is that it's a bug, so there might have been some misinformation being posted.

So I guess any of those might have done it.
  • OneLastGambit
    Mawtful wrote:
    ZeroKarma wrote:

Essentially, you can get a warning for posting anything which suggests the developers are wrong. That can be ramped up to a ban if you're using stronger language. You can also get a warning/ban for posting "misinformation". A saw some people referring to the current incident with defensive teams as a "patch" or "update", when the reality is that it's a bug, so there might have been some misinformation being posted.

So I guess any of those might have done it.

I think I know which post your referring to now. If that's the case then when I read it Jobob simply imitated the language and tone of the dev message, if they felt it inappropriate perhaps they shouldn't have used it.

I guess it's only a game and this is only a forum so in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal. I don't like to micromanage too much (ask my minions...I mean alliance members, I also hardly ever mod the PvP line room I run).