drop rate increase?

Options
glggwp
glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
i just bought the all white pack, 2 mythics, 9 rares... only 1 card is not dupe... but did they increase the drop rate???

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think you've been blessed by RNGesus. The rest of us are still suffering.
  • Mcjordan
    Mcjordan Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    I think you've been blessed by RNGesus. The rest of us are still suffering.

I can confirm. Fat pack reward from the latest event, 0 rares or mythics.
  • glggwp
    Options
    well, not really though... only 1 out of 71 cards is not dupe...
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    They might've increased the drop rate and the dupe rate.
    All SoI rares I get are from a pool of six cards and I already have 3-4 copies if each.
    And on top of it all, third event in a row in which my coalition is in top 10, all 3 tymes I got Wolf of devils breach or whatever the name was. And I have only 3 SoI mythics.
    This cannot be a coincidence.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Never underestimate the power of coincidence.

I have purchased, for cash, 4 red fat packs and now a fifth red/green fat pack (I am missing a couple of dragons, amongst other things). I did not get a single mythic in all 5 fat packs. The latest purchase gave me only a single rare. Happily it was not a duplicate, which expands my color mastery, but not that great a card.

Those are the chances you take. Call me the cautionary whale.
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The most prudent thing to do, since we are faced with a system we inherently cannot trust (hence 10 threads a day whining) is to stop trying to game the system by using our money.

You can't stop the boat from taking on water by bailing it out, you have to plug the hole. If D3 wants to continue supporting a product that gives its customers zero way of directly influencing what they get for their money, then we can respond by not spending any more and just using rewards from grinding. I don't work full-time just to hand my money over to a kid who promises to pull something "really nice" out of his backpack for me before running away with my money(looking at you, predatory "special deals" section with your hyperbolic language and completely misleading imagery).

FWIW I started this game last month and am nowhere near caught up with most of the players in my events/QB in terms of card quality. So I feel for anyone who isn't happy with the current win-more system. But the answer isn't to reward this company for producing an inferior product, especially one designed to deceive, rob, and ditch you.
  • Tak
    Tak Posts: 4
    Options
    Definitely RNG, a few days ago i bought a SOI BB, got Harness the Storm, Goldnight Castigator, Thing in the Ice and 3 rares, 2 of them dupe
  • Fiddler
    Options
    I do not mind spending money. But I have reached the point where even though I have 675 out of 755 possible cards it costs me, on average, $40 to get one new card. So even though I like to spend my money I have nothing of any worth to spend it on. Make no mistake, I am a whale. I have spent well over $1,100 on this game so far. I really feel like that line from the movie Juno, so I don't mind if you refer to me as the 'cautionary whale'.
  • glggwp
    Options
    Fiddler wrote:
    I do not mind spending money. But I have reached the point where even though I have 675 out of 755 possible cards it costs me, on average, $40 to get one new card. So even though I like to spend my money I have nothing of any worth to spend it on. Make no mistake, I am a whale. I have spent well over $1,100 on this game so far. I really feel like that line from the movie Juno, so I don't mind if you refer to me as the 'cautionary whale'.
    (755-675)*$40=$3200

your spending still has waaaaaaay to go
  • Fiddler
    Options
    It scales worse than that. More of an inverse square than straight line. The dollars approach infinity the more cards I get.
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm not one to complain about drop rates because there's been times where I've been incredibly fortunate and other times where I got completely skunked. I did, however, stop spending money on this game after a certain chain of events...

Whenever crystals went on sale a few weeks ago I figured I'd get a couple big boxes. First box had Thing In The Ice and a few rares. Sweet! Next box had 3 mythics: Relentless Dead, Relentless Dead, Thing In The Ice. I was super thrilled, but at the same time was like, "da eff"?

Now I'm not telling anybody how to spend their money, and if your in the position to make it rain crystals and that's what makes you happy then more power to ya. I can tell you this though... When I spend money on this game now, I don't feel the same way as I originally did. I use to feel like my money was going toward improving and developing the game. Instead the Activity Hub is just spammed up with more stuff they want me to buy.

If the Devs can just fix the bug where your opponent plays a creature and it glitches out and looks like glimmering blue tin foil or whatever. That one drives me crazy... It's like an AI nip slip.
  • shafty
    Options
    Opened two big boxes today and got two rares I didn't have, no mythics. I hate opening packs with only one card in them too... There are still common and uncommon cards I don't have yet, would be nice if those packs had five cards too
  • Netatron
    Options
    The 2 guaranteed rares I just got from NoP were dupes, I've opened a fat pack, 4 basic boosters, and the BFZ pack today without getting a single rare, but hey, I finally got Grip of Desolation so it was a good day overall I guess.
  • huntly
    Options
    Yeah you just got really lucky. There is a good thread on the drop rate issue. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=49913
    It includes a post from a moderator on their intrest in drop rates. The first post has passed the like threshold to make it a "hot topic". If you want to help push the issue give it another like.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did spend $200 for crystals last month when they were on sale. got 2x 3000 crystals. but these are to buy pw. icon_e_smile.gif

I had opened a white bb with 600 earned in game crystals yesterday.

got zero mythics and 4 rares (2 dup).
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My white fat pack had 1 mythic and and 6 rares, 2 of them dupes. I also got one SOI common I was still missing. I'm somewhat happy, if the mythic wasn't the stupid Quarantine Field, but overall I can't complain. Of course, no money was spent here.
  • shafty
    Options
    Actually had some decent luck tonight with a big box. Got 8 new cards!

Thopter Spy Network
    Sword of the Animist (guaranteed rare)
    Exquisite Firecraft
    Hallowed Moonlight
    Revenant
    Sigil of Vigor
    Dominator Drone
    Seek the Wilds

Definitely worth saving crystals for a few of the cards, I'm really happy with the luck I finally had!