Puzzle Warriors 3 Episode #55!

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Latest episode!

* Special guest, Angel!
* Patch 109
* New 4 star
* And, this week featured character : Jean Grey!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e55.html

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Yay, I can finally like Ray's posts again!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for having a vet with an advanced roster to add some needed perspective!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I was glad to hear Angel's approach and tips; however I was saddened to learn that I have over 100 days in the game on him, but my roster pales in comparison
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Miles is one of the easiest crash of the titans. It is completely possible to win with a 1/0/0 miles and some patience. I finished it with my 2/1/0 miles @ lvl 70. All it takes is some board luck so that you can deny purple or match away SL's purple CD if he does get enough purple to cast it.

Re: Jean grey, imo your analysis is a little out of date. She remains very strong, and is a pve beast. In the current meta, she is just too weak to be a real deterrent. Most boosted 4*s can carve through fast enough that her passive no longer really suppresses the opponent. Also, the existence of cheap stuns the can be fueled by im40 (e.g. iceman) further neutralizes her defensive value. Finally, you didn't mention that she is a little slow on her own (both actives require 4 matches). This is NOT meant to say that she is bad. She is still very good. But where she was once arguably the best 4* in the game, now she "just" one one of the better ones, and has been surpassed by newer releases.

Re: Nova's crash, the key is his red. Get some strikes out as fast as possible, and then save up red until you need to prevent the ai from collecting ap.

Re drax: imo he's meh, rather than good. His damage numbers are high. But he is very hard to use well. His black needs CDs to fuel it, but very few characters produce disposable CDs. And his purple ends the turn, which limits its upside. his red is good, but not spectacular given how many great red powers there are in 4* land. He is a "less than the sum of his parts" character that is hurt by being hard to properly leverage.

Thanks as always for the content!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for having a vet with an advanced roster to add some needed perspective!

I thought he was pretty funny as well. Enjoyed the episode. Only my second download but really enjoyable.