Will we see increased 4* rewards with 40 characters?

SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Congrats Devs - your 40th "real" 4* (+2 "joke" 4*'s...) is out!

Way back here (posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=512193) there was a little bit of foreshadowing!
SnowcaTT wrote:
Speaking of which - at two 4*'s released every season (month), by October you'll see more 4*'s in the game than 3*'s. I'm sure someone (ahem) will be mentioning that the 4*'s should be everywhere in the game by then that the 3*'s already are (in heroics, at 800 in PVP progression and for alliance rewards, in PVE progression, and so on).
I hope D3 is planning ahead for the flood of characters they have introduced.

The time is nearly upon us! So let us, as the community, help the developers help you by making sure they have 4*'s in all the correct places, since we wouldn't want the 4* transition to be impossible with incredible amount of characters but few ways to get them! viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34512

Here is a list of where 3* characters are currently, and where I hope we can see 4* characters when there are 40 of them! If I missed any, feel free to add them and I'll try to update. (And yes....there are "36 4* characters + 2 'joke' Characters!"...well, either add those joke characters to packs or you have an extra month [two releases when (ahem) this might get bumped] to get the forty 4* characters in places where folks can get them!]

PVP:
Progression cover at 800
Individual Rank 2-5: three covers
Individual Rank 6-10: two covers
Individual Rank 11-100: one cover
Alliance Rank 1-100: one cover

PVE:
Progression cover at (6th from last progression)
Individual Rank 11-50: three covers
Individual Rank 51-100: two covers
Individual Rank 101-200: one cover
Alliance Rank 1-100: one cover

SIMULATOR
Progression cover at 900
Progression cover at 1200
Progression cover at 1400
Progression cover at 1700

SEASON:
Progression cover at 3000

DDQ:
Progression cover with completion of Big Enchilada

TOKENS:
Heroic tokens: 0.6-0.7% draw rate (currently 0.2%)
PVP tokens: 0.6% draw rate (currently 0.1%)

VAULTS:
+23 more chances in size-80 vaults.
+34 more chances in size-300 DDQ vaults.

DAILY RESUPPLY:
4*’s wherever 3*’s are in daily re-supply

CHAMPIONS:
Double the number of Champs in the 3*'s, make each 3* give six 4* covers (either of one character or two characters each having three 4* covers in the 3* champ bracket).

[2* champion rewards make sense to remain 3*’s]
[3* Hulk/Sentry rewards make sense to remain in their PVP events]

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Dont forget updating the 3* champ rewards to reflect a 1:1 cover model.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I believe it is time for different slices. Maybe they could use their new Shield rank to determine entry eligibility. But there should be events for every * level. A 2* roster fights in the 2* bracket, gets 2* caliber progression rewards, with the top rewards being 3* characters/tokens. Same deal with 3*'s. 3* progression rewards, with 4* as the top tier rewards. Extrapolate out for the rest. Have the scaling match the slice.

I'm on my phone, so this might not be as coherent as I would like, but hopefully you get the gist.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that's what the SHIELD rank will do for us. If we are over rank 50-60, clearly that player is no longer a 2-3* player and is trying to transition into 4* land, so maybe instead of seeing 2* awards, they will be 3* rewards and the original 3* rewards will be 4*. This would be the best approach. This way, 1-3* players aren't winning 4* characters they do not need yet or skipping the 2-3* transition.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    For the majority of the player base my answer would be no.

With shield clearance or whatever is coming next I'd say they will become more available in the "vet" brackets.

The major gate is still getting the correct iteration of the first 13 covers.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aidonis wrote:
    I believe it is time for different slices. Maybe they could use their new Shield rank to determine entry eligibility. But there should be events for every * level. A 2* roster fights in the 2* bracket, gets 2* caliber progression rewards, with the top rewards being 3* characters/tokens. Same deal with 3*'s. 3* progression rewards, with 4* as the top tier rewards. Extrapolate out for the rest. Have the scaling match the slice.

I'm on my phone, so this might not be as coherent as I would like, but hopefully you get the gist.

Sounds weird but I'd also like some effort to go in in some way.

if a player decides they don't want say a sentry cover, they should be able to participate in the higher ranked series by their own choice, but be scaled not to their roster but to the minimum of that 'level'. {I.i say there's a 4 star tier, but it's starting of with goons minimum scaled to 200 or so)

that way the tiers aren't collect 40 characters and then pass go over and over, and it allows players who prefer challenge to have their play and strategy rewarded, as opposed to just who they have on their roster.

I feel like all the vet voices of collect all of everything before to advance are based more in being there as the game developed instead of the reality of the situation.
    The game can't support people continuously following a 3 year long path on boot-up to see some of these newly produced characters advertised as in the game.

How long is a person playing for say carnage or black bolt actually going to have to play at the moment if they want them?
    A year is reasonable.
    3 is ridiculous.

I just hope they don't tune it so only rank 65 people receive higher than 3 star covers.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we are still waiting for an increase in the odds of 3*s, so dont see a lot changing with 4*s. The rate of 3* covers from packs is still so low that I dont see myself getting any of my 3*s to max champion level.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we are still waiting for an increase in the odds of 3*s, so dont see a lot changing with 4*s. The rate of 3* covers from packs is still so low that I dont see myself getting any of my 3*s to max champion level.
    The problem is that increasing the odds for one Group of characters invariably means decreasing them for Another Group. You may not have any problem with 1* and 2* odds decreasing, but it would mean progression for new players slowed down instead.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not talking about lowering the odds to the point where you never get any 1* or 2*s, but when at least 80% of covers coming to me from Heroic, Standard and Vaults are 1* or 2*'s I think theres room to make it a little more in favour of 3*s.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    The problem is that increasing the odds for one Group of characters invariably means decreasing them for Another Group. You may not have any problem with 1* and 2* odds decreasing, but it would mean progression for new players slowed down instead.

Well, maybe Shield Clearance will add a new type of tokens, where you can pull just 3s (60%), 4s (35%) and 5s (5%). This one would sit between Heroic and LTs, and would help make the 3->4 transition much easier.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, shield clearance has added a level in PVP and PVE now...to a tremendous sound of one hand clapping in an empty stadium.

I guest -technically- since there are 31 3*'s and "only" 40 "non-joke" 4*'s I could wait to bump this....

Where are the 4*'s everywhere the 3*'s were devs? Where is the ISO to level them?

Where is daily 4* DDQ? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43130

Speaking of which - 5*'s have been out for more than a year, the drop rate isn't increasing while the pool is - where is the 5* transition plan? Where is the non-RNG progression?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    The most important thing short term is for higher Clearance Levels to bot be mishandled like 8 was.

CL8 was them going back to their old ways of making sure the top 5% were have-mores and everyone else could swing in the wind.

It had an incidental knock on effect of making CL7 easier to place in, so now two seperate 5%s could benefit.

Here are a small number of things that could help:
    For CL9+ in-game Standard Recruit tokens become Elite. NO ONE needs 1*s after they have played past the Prologue. Stop pretending they're a viable resource when they are so terrible Facebook stopped you sending out more.
    Additional progression rewards in CL9+ to help all players progress.
    At the CL10 point, 5*s need to be more available. Whether from progression, or a special token that only gives 5*s, or just plain coughing up more CP at the top, something needs to acknowledge the end game.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    At the CL10 point, 5*s need to be more available. Whether from progression, or a special token that only gives 5*s, or just plain coughing up more CP at the top, something needs to acknowledge the end game.

Keep dreaming. I don't disagree that it probably should happen, but I have very little confidence it will.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    The Herald wrote:

Keep dreaming. I don't disagree that it probably should happen, but I have very little confidence it will.

The process seems to be:

Pretend the game is still in the same state as a previous year, panic and fix it after it breaks under the strain.

So we do our own thing for a while and the reality of the game state will eventually filter up.

(In theory)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    The ISO is there.
    You do need to play PVE to green checks and have a LOT of champs.
    Shield levels are huge.