The PVE Event

Options
Tilikum
Tilikum Posts: 159
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
When I started playing this game, the PVE event was going on.
Being so new, I wasn't ever able to clear it so I kinda still have a personal vendetta toward it.
Now, about two months later, I'm confident i have a shot at completing it.

I know most of the regulars on these forums go pretty hard with the PVP events so this might not be the best place to ask this but...
Does anybody else wanna see the PVE event return?

I'd even be cool with restrictions like...
"Cards you earn in the PVE event can be used only in the PVE event." Or "Instead of crystals you earn some other currencey that can be used to buy the same card boxes but those cards can only be used in the PVE event."

I don't know, I'm just trying to think of a way to give casual players more of an insentive to still play this because these nonstop PVP events are getting kinda hardcore.

I'm getting to the point where I just wanna match some gems for a couple hours, slay a dragon at the end, get a cool reward and feel special.

Comments

• jimilinho_
    Options
    Tilikum wrote:
    Being so new, I wasn't ever able to clear it so I kinda still have a personal vendetta toward it.

I know most of the regulars on these forums go pretty hard with the PVP events so this might not be the best place to ask this but...

"Cards you earn in the PVE event can be used only in the PVE event." Or "Instead of crystals you earn some other currencey that can be used to buy the same card boxes but those cards can only be used in the PVE event."

I don't know, I'm just trying to think of a way to give casual players more of an insentive to still play this because these nonstop PVP events are getting kinda hardcore.

I'm getting to the point where I just wanna match some gems for a couple hours, slay a dragon at the end, get a cool reward and feel special.

Definitely want this to return.

Much more relaxed way to play inbetween other events and the rewards were good too.

Wouldn't be too hopeful of it coming back but you never know icon_e_wink.gif
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    Tilikum wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but unless they just reactivate the old event... it's a lot more work than letting buggy decks duke it out for broken supremacy.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Highly doubt you'll see ogw event since bfz cycled out.

Though maybe they will do a run off to promote bfz when they cycle it back in vault? Who knows.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    I've been waiting for a SOI PVE event ever since we learned that there was no story mode for it. I thought they might do a PvE experience of SOI that way instead.
  • M3f
    M3f Posts: 46
    Options
    They said they were out of exclusive rewards for that event but that's **** in my book since what's easier to give out than "a random mythic/rare card that You don't already own"? And I'm sure everyone would love such rewards since many people are missing only some cards and are sick and tired of getting duplicates. No real need for exclusive rewards... I personaly would love this event to return. Much less grind, more challenge, less annoying, more interesting rewards.
  • Tilikum
    Options
    I've been waiting for a SOI PVE event ever since we learned that there was no story mode for it. I thought they might do a PvE experience of SOI that way instead.

That would be awesome. I'd like to see any PVE really. Even bring the old one back whenever they sell BFZ cards or something.
  • Tilikum
    Options
    Even if they were stingy with the awards I'd be into it. Right now anything is better than the meta that is dipping a level one Ob Nix. Lol This game has no chill right now.
  • Shaidar
    Shaidar Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I feel exactly the same, I joined the game exactly during the transition from PvE to PvP. Not that I dislike the PvP event, yeah it's a bit more intense but it's OK, BUT I'd still like to have a decent shot against the PvE event and now it seems achievable icon_e_smile.gif

And about the reward, the excuse "no more exclusive card to reward" is kinda lame, random mythic/rare and some crystals should be more than enough.
  • Tilikum
    Options
    So young...
    So naive...
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd love some more PVE where it doesn't matter if you play a fun interesting deck to try to beat ridiculous objectives and lose.