No boosted characters in pve

Ram51
Ram51 Posts: 117
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I just started the fifth sub in Slice 1 of PVE, and the only boosted characters available are the essentials and the new character. The boosted from last week (rhulk, etc) and this week (4cyc, etc) are not boosted.

Did Demiurge forgot to include the new set of boosted characters because it's mid-pve event, and not new pve start as usual? An alliance mate also confirmed it, how about others here?

Comments

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Same here. No boosted characters except what was already mentioned. Poor event planning from D3.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guessing a residual effect of a 7 day event that spans 2 boost weeks
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not there yet to check, but what does scaling look like? Is it better, since no boosted, or still just as high?
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Same for me, was wondering why my Red Hulk was no longer doing 15k crowd damage
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I can confirm that while I no longer have any character boosted (aside from the featured and new ones), the scaling stays the same. The final level for KK's essential node is 208. The same as before. But this could be because I have OML and BBolt. Those 5*s ruin my scaling again.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Bad event planning....too many mistakes during this PVE...
    D3 what are you doing? icon_redface.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    As if that's never happened before? Call it what it is... a residual effect of **** code.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    You thought you could just keep steamrolling this event with Red Hulk?

5b53023a0e6eda295a1a74dd0ce9e92c.jpg
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    As if that's never happened before?
    I don't believe it ever has happened before. I'm on Day 749, have played in pretty much every PVE event since I started and I don't recall a 7-day Story event ever starting on any day other than Thursday, until now.

In PVP, there are always events that start before a Thursday and end after that, but still have the previous week's boosts. In PVE, the events have always ended the same day the boost week ends. It's possible, if they don't do anything during the day to fix this, PVE will start getting the new week's boosted characters when those go into effect this evening (when the first PVP of the week, Loki: God of Lies, begins).
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    With no boosted extra characters my scaling is still the same. The hardest node still goes to level 321. Was clearing every node 6× to get xp but since **** is going on I won't especially if rest of event will stay like this.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    It would be nice if they just got rid of the 7 day events. Aside from this bug it's too long to focus on one event and you only get half the rewards of a 4 day and a 3 day event for the same amount of effort.
  • WEBGAS
    edited September 2016
    It's true, a 7 days event is too much effort for half rewards icon_mad.gif
  • WEBGAS
    edited September 2016
    HaywireII wrote:
    It would be nice if they just got rid of the 7 day events. Aside from this bug it's too long to focus on one event and you only get half the rewards of a 4 day and a 3 day event for the same amount of effort.

Or they could easily split in two parts a 7 days event (3days plus 4 days).
    Some of those PVE have a story that could easily splitted in two for ex EOTS the first part until Wolverine's rescue and the rest for a new PVE called Revenge icon_e_biggrin.gif

The same with THE HULK event.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't believe it ever has happened before. I'm on Day 749, have played in pretty much every PVE event since I started and I don't recall a 7-day Story event ever starting on any day other than Thursday, until now.

In PVP, there are always events that start before a Thursday and end after that, but still have the previous week's boosts. In PVE, the events have always ended the same day the boost week ends. It's possible, if they don't do anything during the day to fix this, PVE will start getting the new week's boosted characters when those go into effect this evening (when the first PVP of the week, Loki: God of Lies, begins).

I'm trying to remember, I think I vaguely recall a 7 day event that went over a boost week...but it was a while ago.

I certainly don't ever recall a time when an event stopped boosting characters half way through. Very odd.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Things like this make me want to think that D3 are truly malicious, because otherwise I'd have to believe that they're just inept.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • mine is back to rulk boosted....
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    If there's a task that must be done
    Don't turn your tail and run
    Don't pout, don't sob
    Just do a half assed job
    If you cut every corner, it's really not that bad
    Everyone does it, even mum and dad
    If nobody sees it, it's really not that bad

It's the american waaaayyyyy.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    thisone wrote:
    If there's a task that must be done
    Don't turn your tail and run
    Don't pout, don't sob
    Just do a half assed job
    If you cut every corner, it's really not that bad
    Everyone does it, even mum and dad
    If nobody sees it, it's really not that bad

It's the american waaaayyyyy.

I'm copying this one and will wait for the right time to use it!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to see D3 stepped in and fixed this right away. Kudos! (Wish I hadn't run the essential with no Rulk before it happened, but what can you do...)

Still wondering where the fix to 2* scaling sub4 was!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    very buggy event so far. wrong scaling on the 2* essential node in sub 3, no boosted characters in sub 4.

And I got some 8 hour refresh timer on my trivial nodes in sub 2.