Several topics

eMaRDi
eMaRDi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Some things I noticed in the recent part:

4* boosted characters in PvE events
MPQ usually features a 4* character in an event. There is usually one fight which is replayable which features the events' 2* 3* and 4* character.
Usually this feature is fun; I would call it advertisement well placed.
Recently Spider Woman was introduced. Her new ability (in terms of game mechanics) is "To Love and Fear". If you chose "Love", enemy special tile(s) are removed, Fear places traps which only work if the enemy matches them.

Now in this case you place this team into a Goon-Only fight with Goons which do not produce special tiles.
This did only occur for me once but I would suggest to put a new character introduction in a fight were all his/her abilities shine.

Personal progress in "Boss"-events
Recently while playing the "Civil War" event I had the feeling that personal progression steps were a bit hefty. Example: One fight against "Iron Man" awarded about 13.000 points. At one point I had to reach about 60.000 points (?) to advance to the next tier (and this one was in the first half of personal event rewards).
Please keep in mind that especially higher "round" fight take some time. It seems to me the personal rewards in this event does not reflect the speed I usually get rewards for PvEs.

On a more minor scale, I would suggest to adjust the points neessary for alliance play to be adjusted for example on alliance strengh (for alliances >1 person). E.g. assume all rosters of all registered alliance members upon start of the event.
This balancing would be determined around the expectation that all alliance players are actively playing this event and the multiplied by a factor (to add a grade of difficulty).
This would strenghen team spirit ("if all play, it would be easier") while granting lower as well as higher alliances a feeling of rewarding actions.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    eMaRDi wrote:
    Some things I noticed in the recent part:

4* boosted characters in PvE events
    MPQ usually features a 4* character in an event. There is usually one fight which is replayable which features the events' 2* 3* and 4* character.
    Usually this feature is fun; I would call it advertisement well placed.
    Recently Spider Woman was introduced. Her new ability (in terms of game mechanics) is "To Love and Fear". If you chose "Love", enemy special tile(s) are removed, Fear places traps which only work if the enemy matches them.

Now in this case you place this team into a Goon-Only fight with Goons which do not produce special tiles.
    This did only occur for me once but I would suggest to put a new character introduction in a fight were all his/her abilities shine.
    This happens occassionally as there are relatively few events that can be run after a new character introduction. The character release PvE is usually a four day event, which means that the next PvE where the new character is essential needs to be a Three-day PvE. This limits the choices to the various Heroic events, Simulator, Hearts of Darkness and Webbed Wonder. In short, it's not easy to make a new character shine, but that's why there's a fully covered loaner in one node.
    The worst example of this was when Daredevil was released and then essential in the first run of Oscorp Heroic. Back then all of DD's Powers revolved around traps... and Oscorp had almost only goon nodes. And the devs assumed there would be loads of grinding so the progression goals were set very high.
    eMaRDi wrote:
    Personal progress in "Boss"-events
    Recently while playing the "Civil War" event I had the feeling that personal progression steps were a bit hefty. Example: One fight against "Iron Man" awarded about 13.000 points. At one point I had to reach about 60.000 points (?) to advance to the next tier (and this one was in the first half of personal event rewards).
    Please keep in mind that especially higher "round" fight take some time. It seems to me the personal rewards in this event does not reflect the speed I usually get rewards for PvEs.

On a more minor scale, I would suggest to adjust the points neessary for alliance play to be adjusted for example on alliance strengh (for alliances >1 person). E.g. assume all rosters of all registered alliance members upon start of the event.
    This balancing would be determined around the expectation that all alliance players are actively playing this event and the multiplied by a factor (to add a grade of difficulty).
    This would strenghen team spirit ("if all play, it would be easier") while granting lower as well as higher alliances a feeling of rewarding actions.
    How large is your Alliance? My Alliance is far from the strongest, but we can still blow through the first Three rounds of a boss battle in the first 12 hours. Progressing to later rounds also means the available Points go up.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The love side of the power works on countdowns which all goons will produce.