This is a test

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Cupcake. . .

Is this thread locked yet?

(in all seriousness, I think modding is getting a little aggressive on this topic. Lock the flame wars. Leave the commentary and critique. Also, hi-fi seems like a nice person, and the dev communication is welcome. But I don't think every conversation on this forum should end when the devs say something to the contrary. Demi and d3 don't speak ex cathedra. Hell, some devs continue to think that moonstone is good! Different perspectives are valuable, so long as they are presented in a manner that doesnt violate the TOS.)

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I think there's probably a genuine discussion to be had about MMR hell, and the issues around it. An MMR bake is a reasonable way to open up the range of targets available to people below you to get them out of queue hell. From that perspective, I do think the caking discussion does bring into focus some of the more significant issues with PvP playability.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    This is one topic that deserves to be discussed by the devs out in the open. Taking away this ability to help others will kill a really great narrative that has been created around the PvP meta. Communication, cooperation, good guys, and bad guys all gone (the latter do make things more exciting, i'll admit!). Replaced with what? Roster vs. roster slugfest with everyone being as secretive as possible? Devs need to include us on this one.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    aggressive modding? on this forum? Well, I never!

I love Demiurge. I love D3. I love MPQ.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Locking this thread and issuing Vhailorx a warning for intentionally re-starting a locked topic. The "Cupcake" debate is not a new topic and has been heatedly debated in the past; it is also an issue the dev team is aware of and working to fix. Furthermore, if you disagree with a moderator's decision, you are free to appeal the decision via PM. This is not an appropriate to way redress the issue. On a more personal note, I agree there are issues with Versus events, the practice of baking being one of them.
This discussion has been closed.