Damage triggers in wave nodes

huktonfonix
huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
Currently, when a wave is completed in a wave node with a high damage attack and a character in the next wave possesses an ability triggered by damage (2* Storm yellow, 3* Capt. Marvel Yellow, Thing Yellow, 3* or 4* Deadpool black, etc), that ability will trigger immediately, before the next wave has even spawned. This occurs even when the character triggering the ability requires that the damage target them specifically (such as Capt. Marvel yellow, Hulk black, Red Hulk red).

For example, take this hypothetical wave node:

Wave 1 - Soldier, Soldier, Soldier
Wave 2 - 2* Storm, 3* Captain Marvel, 4* Deadpool

If I down the first 2 soldiers and then kill the third soldier with a high-damage ability (say, 3* Cap red for 4K), I will immediately get hit by Storm's raging tempest, my opponent will generate red and black AP from Captain Marvel, and an X-Enforcer countdown will spawn.

I thought this might be working as-intended, and that teammates care about their teammates from previous waves, until I saw it trigger on Captain Marvel who specifically has to be the one taking damage for her yellow to fire. I have not confirmed whether the characters need to be in the same position right-to-left for those single target damage based abilities to fire, but either way it is broken.

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can confirm that this happened to me as well with Captain Marvel. It has been happening for a long-time but it isn't supposed to. They just haven't fixed it....been this way for months.
  • eMaRDi
    eMaRDi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I can confirm this, however it seems to have worsen recently.
    In one of the recent wave-node from DDQ, my whole team was struck by a "whole-team" ability from the next wave, as there were enough AP to fire this ability.

In some rare cases I even noticed that the picture of a remaining character was replaced by a character in the next node.
  • This has also been happening to me. It started back when all of the individual events in a turn started happening out of sync (damage amounts and victory ribbons showing up before the attack happens, damage amounts not showing up, SHIELD points earned before round ends, etc.) I think it was R102 when I first noticed it.