My command points my choice right.....?

Jabrony_Geoff
Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I recently posted an angry post somewhere fuming that after cashing in my legendary tokens and CP I didn't pull the cover I wanted.

I asked the question " MY LEGENDARY TOKENS, MY CP WHY CANT I CHOOSE WHAT TINYKITTY COVER I WANT"?

I was informed by other forum contributors that this would break the game. Everyone would choose 5* covers making 4* covers irrelevant.

On reflection I think they were correct so I have another suggestion.

Any player who subscribes to V.I.P for three consecutive months can choose any cover they want at the end of month 3. This choice is time limited meaning you can't stockpile your choices.

That means in a 12 month period I get to choose 4 covers I want.

VIP sales would increase, you would be loved by the gameplayers and I don't think this would break the game.

....discuss
#nuffsaid

Comments

• padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    If you purchase LTs then you are open to RNG.

If you want a specific cover (and that you have that cover already), you have the option to purchase the specific cover with the CP. It is 120 CP for a 4* and 720 CP for a 5*.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    If you purchase LTs then you are open to RNG.

If you want a specific cover (and that you have that cover already), you have the option to purchase the specific cover with the CP. It is 120 CP for a 4* and 720 CP for a 5*.

You misunderstand...at the end of month 3, a vault opens showing every single cover available.
    It's open for approximately 5 days.
    You chose a cover you don't have or that cover you've been waiting patiently forever but it won't drop.

I suggested every 3 months but this could also be at the end of four months meaning you get 3 specific choices per year.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I believe the point that the noble Panda is making is that for enough CP, certainly less than you could potentially earn in 3 months, you can already pick the cover you want as long as it is a 4*

So the crux of your request could be reduced to "I cant be bothered to pay the D3 dictated cost and instead want something automatic and in addition to what I currently have on offer"

Now, just to be clear, I actually think that giving VIP people a little tangible boost like this is a good idea. I'm just trying to highlight a potential interpretation. icon_e_smile.gif

I think the VIP idea, combined with Shield Rank and hopefully Clearance Levels, opens up an awful lot of space for additional bonuses such as this....

however, despite a couple of recent changes being very positive, history suggests that the design philosophy in place will mean that anything that does get implemented is unlikely to match our ideals icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    If your play is beyond casual, you can easily earn enough CP in a year to buy 4 or more specific covers at 720 a pop. It's just not a cost-effective way of getting 5*s
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    edited September 2016
    icon_question.gificon_arrow.gif
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    simonsez wrote:
    If your play is beyond casual, you can easily earn enough CP in a year to buy 4 or more specific covers at 720 a pop. It's just not a cost-effective way of getting 5*s

That's where I'm coming from really, nobody in the alliance I'm in is a hard-core player. Weve hit 3 million in the alliance events once.
    Progress is slow.....just give us another option. Pleaseeeeee.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Gmax101 wrote:

So the crux of your request could be reduced to "I cant be bothered to pay the D3 dictated cost and instead want something automatic and in addition to what I currently have on offer"

Not entirely...my position is from a casual player point of view.
    I'm closing in on one years play and I'm way ahead of some of my alliance members who have just passed the 1000 day Mark.

Ive started to suffer burn out and miss a lot of the pve's. It's about work, life and play balance.
    These alliance members have shown great loyalty to the game and incredible patience.
    This option is for them really , they have no intention of upping the play rate so another option to gain covers is a positive.

Anyway isn't Variety is the spice of life.... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    If your play is beyond casual, you can easily earn enough CP in a year to buy 4 or more specific covers at 720 a pop.

I have a 1-0-0 OML. Please indicate how I can buy the yellow cover.

icon_e_wink.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    If your play is beyond casual, you can easily earn enough CP in a year to buy 4 or more specific covers at 720 a pop.

icon_e_wink.gif
    Either you just started playing, your play IS casual, or you have the worst luck on the planet. And I can't fix any of those.
  • DaveR4470
    simonsez wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

icon_e_wink.gif
    Either you just started playing, your play IS casual, or you have the worst luck on the planet. And I can't fix any of those.

It's the latter, for the record. 20 5* covers, and one OML. (And I had to sell a Jean when I pulled a green cover for my 5-1-2 Jean. That was fun.)

The point is that regardless of how you play, you can only buy covers if the RNJesus has gifted you one of that color already. Which, as characters multiply, is a slimmer and slimmer chance across the board.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Your plea is probably one of the reasons the devs are actively rebalancing characters going forward. When you get 20 5* covers and you're so upset that you didn't get only ONE type, that's a problem.
  • DaveR4470
    wirius wrote:
    Your plea is probably one of the reasons the devs are actively rebalancing characters going forward. When you get 20 5* covers and you're so upset that you didn't get only ONE type, that's a problem.

You're absolutely right. That's the problem with the 5* tier right now -- there's only one character who's immediately usable at any level, so long as you've got those magical yellow covers. (Jean isn't terrible, but I'm not going to put any ISO into any of the 5s right now to avoid borking my scaling, so she's not even remotely useful as my fully-covered Thoress.)