Seed Teams officially gone from Lightning Rounds?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Other than the typical "no more Lightning Rounds in PvP," LRs have Algeria seemed to be immune.

AS LONG AS you opened up the LR the moment that it opened, you got full seed teams. Open it even 30 seconds too late, dvd everything was gone.

But TODAY.....No Seed Teams. I did randomly find one after several matches a few hours ago, though.

Anyone else not seeing them in LRs?

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Had seeds the 3 times I played today. Launched as soon as they were up, I've had no seeds even a minute after it starts before so try not to be late icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had 16 seeds so far today. If I'm there right at start I have no issues, although I sometimes only get 3 seeds.

But if I start late, it's a crapshoot. Right as the LR starts, and I have at least 3.

Edit: 9 more. 25 through 3 rounds.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    leave ur game open before lightning round starts and u should get seeds. if not, idk what else to do.
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I got worried when I saw this post! But as others have confirmed, I just joined a LR already 20 mins in and got a dozen or so seed teams right off the bat. So appears to be just fine.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    There always have to be some seed teams at the beginning of an event. Otherwise, we can all hit each other from zero to zero and gain no points!

(Everybody wins in that scenario! Although, dunno how they figure out who got to zero first.)
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only played three LRs today but had seeds in all of them.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've noticed that as long as I have my app opened and I can see the "Preview" for the next lightning round, when it flips over to active and I go into the event, I have at least 3 seeds.

If I show an active Lightning round, and no preview for the next... and I don't open my app again until the start of the next lightning round and never load the "preview" (aren't they at least 30 mins before the next lightning round?) then I don't get seeds because the game is reloading the next active Lightning round, and i'm thrown directly into the mix.

My goal is to always have my app open to load the Lightning round preview.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I feel like someone posts this question every week.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I played a lightning round today that I joined with only 15 minutes to spare, and ended up having 3 seed teams to fight. That seems to be inconsistent with popular advice of how to get seeds, so maybe there's been some mechanic changed for them?
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I set an alarm to go off one minute before each Lightning Round so I've had plenty of seed teams this week.