680 tokens

simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
On average, that's how many it will now take to fully cover a specific 5*, now that the classic token odds have been lowered again to 2.1% per character. It's one thing to keep waving carrots on a stick in front of our faces, but when the carrots are a mile and half away, the **** tend to lose interest.

It would be fantastic if someone with red-type would comment on this.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem isn't even the 680, it's the infinite inflation problem. They continue to give new characters every month, further diluting the pool while never giving a way to get set characters (RNG only) and the (good) possibility of not getting the "right" covers without being able to change their color.

The big problem isn't that it's going to take me forever to get the covers of the current characters.

The big problem is that I don't see a way I'm ever going to be able to cover any of the current or future characters, ever.

I've said it before - let the whales have their fun, let them be ahead of the general populous. But you have to LET THE POPULATION CATCH UP to them eventually! It's been a year now since the introduction of 5*, and so few have them! There is no reason to keep the earliest 5*'s behind an eternally locked pay-wall!
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds even better when quoted in CP: 13,600.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Exactly. With all of this dilution, the only thing that ends up happening is that everyone ends up with a bunch of useless 3-5 cover 5*s.

At least with 3 or 4 kinds of tokens, you can focus on the group you want and maybe end up fully covering someone.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk wrote:
    Sounds even better when quoted in CP: 13,600.

So if you're able to end up in enough buy clubs, that amount of CP will only set you back $9,714.

But with average luck, you'll have all of the Classic 5*s fully covered! Sounds like a deal to me! [/sarcasm]
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    fingers crossed for some relief on this when the rest of the SHIELD rank/clearance rolls out
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we're getting one 5* per month, they HAVE to have something planned to ease the 5* transition. They have had a good track record the past two months, so I'm going to believe something is in the works.
  • Pylgrim
    Now that we're getting one 5* per month, they HAVE to have something planned to ease the 5* transition. They have had a good track record the past two months, so I'm going to believe something is in the works.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:

You mean the same way they made 4* transition easier?
  • Pylgrim
    elvy75 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Note that I especifically chose to base my belief on their actions in the latest months, rather than the ones previously. There's no denying that they messed the 4* transition badly, but the upcoming Clearance feature may help both those transitions.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    elvy75 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

I thought I missed something, but you hit the nail on the head.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    elvy75 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Note that I especifically chose to base my belief on their actions in the latest months, rather than the ones previously. There's no denying that they messed the 4* transition badly, but the upcoming Clearance feature may help both those transitions.

I think that, at a minimum, the Clearance feature will help the 4* transition. If the 4* transition is accelerated (both in terms of ISO and covers), then I think it is likely that the 5* transition will also accelerate since 4* champion levels reward legendary tokens with some frequency (at least, as compared to 2* or 3* champion levels).
  • Pylgrim
    GurlBYE wrote:
    elvy75 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Man, I really cannot wrap my head around people not having an ounce of faith, hope or optimism and yet, keep playing. If you truly believe that history will repeat itself forever, what's the point of playing anymore? Things will just get worse and worse.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    elvy75 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Man, I really cannot wrap my head around people not having an ounce of faith, hope or optimism and yet, keep playing. If you truly believe that history will repeat itself forever, what's the point of playing anymore? Things will just get worse and worse.
    Sunk cost fallacy? Stockholm Syndrome?