Poll: Should 5* percentage go up with each new 5* added?

2»

Comments

• ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    Other: they need to split the 5*s into multiple pools and keep each character's draw rate at 5%.

This exactly. While they didn't do it for 4* those were available through normal competitive play as well as tokens. 5* are ONLY available when you roll the dice. If they care about the future of the game, they'll do something like this.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meander wrote:
    People seem to have a way rosy view on how much a guaranteed pack should cost. 50-60 is way too cheap, as that means max prog players could buy around 3 packs a week. And that's just what the game gives out, let alone buy clubs.

Also, lets not ignore the fact that a 100% guarantee pack doesn't really solve anything. Say they make it 200 cp. How soon till all you hear is "I only draw is Surfer/5-cap/bad 5*, yet it takes x time to save up", similar to we hear about SL, Electra, Bag Lady, Chulk, Mr F with the LT? This pack would be an ok start, but what we really need is a guaranteed progression. Champ rewards, PVP, PVE, DDQ, I don't care what it is. And I do feel this will occur. But we have to remember that we don't have enough 5* to really implement this system yet. I think it should be coming in the near future, but we need more 5* to flesh it out. Unfortunately this means the 5* progression will continue to be frustrating for a while yet.

That's exactly why I proposed such a low CP number. Say people are able to buy 3 packs per week at 60 CP. That's 12 packs per month. Currently they are adding 1 5* per month, so there is a need for 13 more covers each month. Those players would still not over come it at that low of a number, but it would reasonable that they could start turning that gap.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Mohio is correct. The issue is not with % or draw rates.

There is only one issue and it is using the token system for all characters, old and new again. They should be split up and the cost for obtaining them should reflect their age.

That is how the world works. When something new and shiny comes out, it is expensive. Eventually the price drops as newer and shinier things enter the market. Since supply here is not a factor in the true sense of the word, pricing should really vary on age of cover.

This would also have the massive benefit of directing strategy. Some people will save and always have the newest, some will avoid it and build up older characters, etc. Far more interesting and far more strategic then the current stupidity where RNGesus rules all.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Other: they need to split the 5*s into multiple pools and keep each character's draw rate at 5%.

That's what I would like to see although I wouldn't be mad at them splitting them in groups of 4 so that there is still some benefit to picking from latest legends. So 4% each in the classic splits and 5% in latest.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

That's what I would like to see although I wouldn't be mad at them splitting them in groups of 4 so that there is still some benefit to picking from latest legends. So 4% each in the classic splits and 5% in latest.
    I figured the benefit was that the latest have the latest characters... although given the current crop, that's not really a benefit at all.
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Voted other.

Lots of good ideas. Making different cover packs is a great idea.

Each cover pack features 3 different 5*.

cover pack A : SS, OML, Phx
    cover pack B: BBSM, GG, Cap
    cover pack C: IM46, Hulk, BB

etc, etc, etc.

With each new 5* added to classics, it seems like I'll never get my SS or Phx covered. All I need is two covers for each, but the draw rate sucks ***.

I've pulled over 120 classic tokens and only have gotten 5 5*s. Now with the dilution of the pool, when I see that purple cover, I have to fight RNG a second time to get the right cover.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    This.

The poll is inherently unfair because of course players want more things faster. Might as well have a poll asking if you want your 20 player alliance reward to be 2000 ISO or 5000 ISO.

I pleaded on the forums to keep 5*'s within batches of 3 and was really disappointed when that didn't happen. I realize that the token screen would get cluttered with options over time but this really is a good solution to the RNG system while retaining the RNG system that the devs want.

Three people somehow voted keep it as is - apparently some don't want it faster! Actually....someone go check on those folks, make sure they didn't fall asleep on their device.

For all those saying split packs, all that does is make your transition -to specific characters- faster. I mean - everyone would be taking pack A (With the Only Character That Matters [OML, for those who forgot]) until they have him maxed. And thinking about it...that might be why so many are asking for split packs.

So everyone buys in to pack A until they have one or two max/champed 5*'s....and their other ones are 0/0/0. I'm not really a fan of that, since it seems D3 puts your MMR/scaling based on at least your top 3 characters - let folks evenly level all of their characters rather than get all the covers for a few - that's the way it's always been.

I just think the overall % drastically needs to climb so people -CAN- get all of their characters some covers!
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I voted no. Many, many of us still need to be pulling four-star covers. The occasional five-star pull feels great but I need those four-stars a lot more.
  • Why not have a taco vault type of system? Every five days it rotates, there's X number of covers in it (80? 40?), with the percentage of five stars to four stars staying at 15%, so if there's 80, then there's 12 five star covers. Which is four characters, one of each color. But it's not the same four characters each time, pheomix and oml are not always in the same vault (for example). Same with the four stars, if there's 68 tokens left, let there be 22 four stars (3 covers each) and maybe the two extra are something like 50cp or 100cp rewards.

So if I'm looking for oml covers I'll wait till a vault when he's one of the five stars. If I want oml and Phoenix covers but only one of them is in vault I can just wait around until a vault when both are there. Kinda like people who stock pile taco tokens until there's four star covers they really want and then empty it out.

Or we can go a step further and have a smaller vault, say 40 covers, which means 6 are 5 star, but instead of doing 2 characters all 3 covers, do two characters but one cover three times. Or six characters, with one cover each. If I'm only looking for my last oml yellow I'd wait till a vault with just oml yellow.

It would mean waiting for a vault that you need, which is annoying, but then you wouldn't be spending on covers you don't need, so would have enough saved that when it comes around the odds are much better of getting what you want

Just a thought.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    revskip wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

I figured the benefit was that the latest have the latest characters... although given the current crop, that's not really a benefit at all.

I'd imagine that outside of whales though that getting the latest characters is actually detrimental rather than positive since you are highly unlikely to get them very well covered before they drop down to a lesser rate. I used latest exclusively for a bit when GG, 5Cap and IM46 were included because at the time those were the only 5*s I had any covers for and managed to get them semi useable (IM46 at 3/1/1, 5Cap at 1/2/2) but that was only a function of the fact that I got two Civil War covers. Since then I've been hoarding in anticipation of IM46 moving back down to classics and will keep hoarding until more details are released about Clearance Levels. But I'd imagine that I was in the minority since most people would have OML, Surfer and Phoenix much better covered and would already covet those more than any of the new 5*s.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since we're tossing out ideas that will never get implemented, here's my favorite:

Make your own classic token! When you go to spend your CP on a classic, you get a pop-up of all the 5* characters available. You then choose which characters (minimum 3, let's say) will be possible to pull.

Wouldn't that be great? But I know as well as you do, that any and all good ideas will be left in the garbage. Where they belong. icon_e_smile.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted no. Many, many of us still need to be pulling four-star covers. The occasional five-star pull feels great but I need those four-stars a lot more.

This is part of why I think 4* and 5* shouldn't be in the same pack with the current percents. Split the packs into a 4* pack and 5* pack. Give the 4* pack a low chance of getting a 5*, this would match the way the lower level tokens work now.
  • broll wrote:
    Honestly at this point what I'd like to see is for 5* to get broken off into their own thing separate from 4*.

So have 4* LT - Cost 20 CP
    Equal chance for any 4*, super rare (1% or less) of getting a 5* simular to how it's possible to get a 3* from recruit and 4* from heroic.

5* LT - Cost 50-60 CP
    Guaranteed chance for 5* split equally between all 5*s

This would help veterans get 5*s more consistently and prevent noobs from getting 5*s that wreck their scaling because they're not likely to pay 2-3 as much for LTs.
    I like this idea, but the cost for the 5* token would have to be like 150 cp.