Recalculation Re Recycling 2 Stars (after SHIELD Ranks)

TimGunn
TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ack, I did a whole post going through the calculations of recycling a 2-star including accounting for XP received. But then the server didn't load or something and my whole post was deleted before posting!!! tiniest of kittens!!!

Anyways, I found that you now lose about 2,800 ISO to recycle a 2-star, but will receive in return:

4 2-star or better cards (from opening heroic tokens)
375 HP
5 CP
A non-ISO prize of HP/CP/4-star card/legendary token (from using adding champ level to 3-star char)
Advancement in level of the 3-star char
Advancement in SHIELD rank (TBD what that brings you besides ISO)

*Note a few assumptions:
- compared recycling 63 2-star covers vs. selling 63 2-star covers
- you receive 3 3-star cards when recycling a 2-star; assume those are used to add champ levels to the 3-star char (which gives you 1,000 ISO plus another non-ISO prize; note you may instead receive 1,500 ISO plus prize or 2,000 ISO)
- converted XP into ISO based on SHIELD rank 66 (2,150 XP results in level 67 and 30,000 ISO)

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the sake of repeating myself, this is another reminder that you don't lose Iso farming, you just don't gain as much farming as you do straight selling. Feel like many people still see the word "loss" and think it's not worth it because it's costing them.

If you could farm 2* ad infinitum, you would not run out of Iso, you still gain a hair under 8k per turn around. With the OP's calculations, it sounds like that it's now closer to 13k.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    What matters most is that the shiny blue buttons look pretty, and are fun to press.