Get rid/expand of the t/u restriction

Meander
Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that we know you can gain XP by sending alliance mates t/u, I think the 5 T/U out at a time should be expanded if not gotten rid of. Granted, this could create a situation where teams are sending T/U to farm XP, so I would lean towards the expansion side to curb this. I feel like I've seen an increased rate from my alliance requesting team ups, which may or may not directly correlate to being Rulk week (MBW requests). I'm constantly waiting for one of my 5 spots to cool down so I can send another. Also, with this restriction, I believe the system is restricting the teamups that are being sent. Instead of being able to experiment with cool powers, most people are just looking for the standard mbw, jean, iceman, carnage, GR etc... The requests must be maximized, since the availability is limited. I'm not against the cool down for an individual team up to limit someone from always sending out their most powerful character only, but merely for allowing me to send more diverse team ups to more team members. Anyone have any cons to expanding this to where you can maybe loan out 10 or 15 characters at a time?

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Meander wrote:
    ...this will create a situation where teams are sending T/U to farm XP...

Fixed. This.

With 100 slots I'd love ~300XP daily
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Just work within the current system and only send 8-12 hour refresh TUs to maximize XP per hour.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad wrote:
    Just work within the current system and only send 8-12 hour refresh TUs to maximize XP per hour.
    this. someone in my alliance did a study on best upper end teamups for both use, xp gain, and return. there are some 4*s that return in 12. some 3s that return faster. some of those are very useful. dig in.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funnily enough, the best XP over time (assuming there are always requests available from your alliance) are from sending: Yelena, Bag-Man, Moonstone, and 2* Cap. Not exactly a sterling list of usefulness.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    It makes no sense to keep 2 different gating mechanics on teamups, either just cap the number we can send and have a universal patrol time, or normalize everyone's patrol time to match their * tier and allow unlimited characters to be on patrol.

It makes no sense that 4*cyclops is 3x more valuable as a team up xp farm than imhb because he can be sent out for same 4XP three times for every 1 imhb patrol.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm gonna stick to my strategy of sending the best teamups I can to help out my dudes and ladydudes, and just enjoying that I get rewarded for it now.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Funnily enough, the best XP over time (assuming there are always requests available from your alliance) are from sending: Yelena, Bag-Man, Moonstone, and 2* Cap. Not exactly a sterling list of usefulness.

I dunno about the rest of them but Yelena's payback mission at 5 covers is one of the best TU's out there since it turns 2 enemy special tiles into crits!

KGB
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    KGB wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

I dunno about the rest of them but Yelena's payback mission at 5 covers is one of the best TU's out there since it turns 2 enemy special tiles into crits!

KGB

The actual power is nice, it's just too expensive. Especially as a high level player, you're not gonna get that many AP unless it's a wave node or you're playing as a character who has a power that makes it easier/worthwhile to get AP (Ms. Marvel, MoStorm, 4* Cyclops).
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meander wrote:
    Now that we know you can gain XP by sending alliance mates t/u, I think the 5 T/U out at a time should be expanded if not gotten rid of.

That's quite polar.

In my experience, team-ups are rarely implemented. I use maybe 1 a week. In the alliances I've been in, I see about 4-8 requests/week. The XP bonus was put in because it's an underutilized system. I've recommended to my alliance that they request team-ups even if they don't need them. Donating TUs is a viable way to earn XP.

Ideally the thing you're gifting is actually useful to the requestor. But for lower-tier rosters, gifting 2*s to a 4-5* who doesn't need them is a decent way to advance their level and earn some bonus Iso.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

KGB

Dangit. Now I feel like I have to roster Yelena.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I should clarify. I want to send more than 5 T/u because my teammates request them regularly. I have a fair amount of good characters to send (iceman, teanjean, hb, GR, Quake, 2x mbw, etc...), but am hampered by the 5 limit. Not only would it be beneficial to my team mates requesting, but I would also earn exp. I would not not send anything less than a champed 4* (save for mbw) , because those are too weak for the level my team mates are at.

My prior point was I can see that some would use this as an exp farm if there were no limits, thus my idea that it be expanded to 10-15. I would think this expansion could help the range of characters sent in the system, helping players get further use out of otherwise useless 4*'s.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Being able to send 10 would be wonderful. Either that or decreasing the amount of time they are gone. Maybe have it be a benefit of championing. A champion returns 25% faster.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    Meander wrote:
    Now that we know you can gain XP by sending alliance mates t/u, I think the 5 T/U out at a time should be expanded if not gotten rid of.

That's quite polar.

In my experience, team-ups are rarely implemented. I use maybe 1 a week. In the alliances I've been in, I see about 4-8 requests/week. The XP bonus was put in because it's an underutilized system. I've recommended to my alliance that they request team-ups even if they don't need them. Donating TUs is a viable way to earn XP.

Ideally the thing you're gifting is actually useful to the requestor. But for lower-tier rosters, gifting 2*s to a 4-5* who doesn't need them is a decent way to advance their level and earn some bonus Iso.
    It's true that they don't seem to be used much. In my alliance there is, I think, only one person (other than me) who regularly uses team ups (or at least requests them).

It don't understand why they don't get much love though. Over the course of a match, you're bound to gather TU tiles. So just use the team ups you will inevitably gather. I usually let them fill up randomly when starting a match, but there are times when it's useful to bring something more specific (a stunner, cap shield, or whales of course).

They can be a pretty good asset, and have helped me numerous times to give me a welcome advantage. Some extra damage to finish off an enemy before it can unleash his AP. A tactical stun to give you an extra turn. A board shake to help you over a dead point. A targeted attack that helps you get rid of a nasty enemy tile you can't reach. Or even give you a power just to fire because the RNG is denying you the colors your characters need.