Include Buyer Name for CP Sharing

Hendross
Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Everyone loves receiving a bit of CP from alliance mate purchases, but it's unclear who to thank. This seems like a strange detail to omit from the chat log.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    Everyone loves receiving a bit of CP from alliance mate purchases, but it's unclear who to thank. This seems like a strange detail to omit from the chat log.
    Not everyone would want you to know.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Hendross wrote:
    This. I know a guy who is in an Alliance with (among others) his kids, and he prefers they don't know exactly how much Money he drops on the game. icon_lol.gif Publishing names might also increase peer pressure to spend.
    In my Alliance we usually just say "thank you to the spenders" in the chat. Everyone knows someone spent some Money, after all.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Hendross wrote:
    This. I know a guy who is in an Alliance with (among others) his kids, and he prefers they don't know exactly how much Money he drops on the game. icon_lol.gif Publishing names might also increase peer pressure to spend.
    In my Alliance we usually just say "thank you to the spenders" in the chat. Everyone knows someone spent some Money, after all.

This.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Both of those. I like the 'angel investor' and we know someone dropped anywhere from 20 - 100 real dollars. We know who to thank.

The person responsible for putting up the 1, 3 or 7 CP. So we thank them. If they volunteer themselves, great. If they don't, equally great. Believe me, the day I flat out bought Quake? MANY "OMGTY!!!" came pouring in, and I acknowledged "Yep. That was me." Most other times I'm content putting a smile on the team's face and going about my business. I prefer they not know when it's me.