Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Venom

Options
2»

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First 2 vanilla attempts, the board was red heavy. Got downed after 3 SS hits each time.

I went back to using the set of boosts from the last time this ran. It's great cause you can still do nice damage when denying Carnage's red. Won with about a third of my health left. No need to use Green.

I forgot what I sold. Might've been an Elektra.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    5/3/3 116 lvl beat it 1st try with all damage boost blueflag.pngicon_ironman.png
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5, 120, no boosts, first time. Couple of yellows and a green closed him out.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/2/1 - 120. Boosted r/y 50%, gr/bl 50%, all 60%

Got it first try, but it was an extremely lucky board with a multiple crit cascade.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    L130 4/5/4 won on third try. No boosts. Had to bump from L111.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/3/5 LvL 127, won on the 2nd try with +R/Y, +50%R/Y, +50%G/B. First board was just incredibly unfriendly and Carnage got multiple cascades of red & green.

A icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.png was my prize, so 1000 iso!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    8 tries. No boosts. 4/3/4 venom @111.

Just a matter of trying until I got a board that have me 18 yellow and 21 green before I died. Save up that so and wait as long as possible to whittle him down with match damage. Use all your ap on the last turn before his will kill you. I made it with about 1k health left.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No problems with my 5/3/5 lvl 180 Venom other than the LT giving me an Elektra cover for my troubles. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lost count of how many tries, but finally got Carnage down with my Venom at 120, 3/0/3. Used boosts (all AP, r/Y AP, all match damage). Waited until the very end when I fired off three yellows in a row, followed by a green to finish him off. I only had 650 hp left so it was very close.

Got a Hulkbuster blueflag.png, to add as a champ level.
  • Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    First try, lvl 127 2/0/3, 100% match damage, 50% gr/bl damage, 125% crit damage

Denied red / green, he got his green off once... didn't fire any of my abilities until I had him down to 4.5k health, 2 yellow took him out; survived with 2.8k icon_mrgreen.gif

Carnage red for my effort
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Gah. 5 tries. Venom 3/2/2

First time: total failure.

Second time: Raised Venom to 120. Denied red. Carnage slaughtered me.

Third time: Used boosts. Carnage got a favorable board while I got very little in the way in yellow or green. Bit the big one.

Fourth time: Used full set of boosts. Denied red. Carnage matched something, which caused two sets of 3 red to drop from above, and then also created a critical. I was doing well: Carnage was just doing better.

Fifth time: tinykitty this. Raised Venom to 144, used a full set of boosts. This time, he got little in the way of red. I hoarded yellow and green, and was just shy of three sets of yellow when he scrounged enough green to finish me off next turn. I unleashed my saved yellows and greens, which was enough to polish him off.

Got icon_wintersoldier.pngredflag.png for my troubles.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time I was at 2/2/1 and I lost. This time I was at 2/3/1 and I did it.
  • Whosaninja
    Options
    Won with a 212 Venom, level 111, +2y/r and +50% y/r. Managed to accumulate enough yellows and greens to fire 3 of each, with health of 575 remaining. He'd only managed to get one green power off. Received a pink Winter Soldier for my trouble

Edit: just realised I had a green venom cover in my queue, just waiting to be trained, doh!
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wasn't going to bother with this at all, but ended up trying about 15x with a 111 3/1/0 Venom and never got close. I rarely got him under 10k.

What was most frustrating was that every every every every every board was green-starved, while red just rained out of the sky. I ended up with 30 red almost every match, and Carnage would still fall into red matches, while I couldn't stock up any green to save my life.

I literally LOL'd today when the rewards preview for the upcoming Gauntlet appeared, and showed a yellow Venom as the final reward. It really feels like the devs troll the players sometimes.
  • lukewarm
    lukewarm Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Whosaninja wrote:
    Won with a 212 Venom, level 111, +2y/r and +50% y/r. Managed to accumulate enough yellows and greens to fire 3 of each, with health of 575 remaining. He'd only managed to get one green power off. Received a pink Winter Soldier for my trouble

Edit: just realised I had a green venom cover in my queue, just waiting to be trained, doh!

I tried 25 times with the same venom, using the same boosts, to no avail. Kept getting him down to around 1300 on my better efforts.