Whaling Manual

2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great tips jobob! I will add them to the first post when I get a chance.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

Dang, if only someone had posted such useful tips, like, within the first few posts of the thread... icon_razz.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Dang, if only someone had posted such useful tips, like, within the first few posts of the thread... icon_razz.gif

Nah, everyone was busy complaining that I was telling them how to spend their money!
  • Vinny The Fish
    Vinny The Fish Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    So what is the best way to join a buy club? I'd like to merc into one for a couple buys, since I've decided to roster all the 2*'s now with the addition of shield rank and clearance. I got the line app, but I can't seem to find anyone to respond to me from old posts. Should you post on these forums? Join one of the facebook groups?
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    So what is the best way to join a buy club? I'd like to merc into one for a couple buys, since I've decided to roster all the 2*'s now with the addition of shield rank and clearance. I got the line app, but I can't seem to find anyone to respond to me from old posts. Should you post on these forums? Join one of the facebook groups?
    As far as I know, LINE is basically required.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    A couple things that would be worth including in a guide like this (I don't know any of it, but it seems like it would be useful):

Details on how to join a buyers' club.
    Details on what you can realistically expect for your money at certain investment ranges.
    Advice on how to spend excess resources optimally under particular conditions.
    Advice on when to build dupes instead of applying champion levels or selling off covers.
    Details on how to sell covers for maximum Iso (I have heard that just selling individual covers is not as lucrative as actually using a roster slot+a couple covers+a few extra levels, dunno how the math breaks out though).
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Remember to STOP purchasing daily deal vault tokens once you have pulled a 4*/legendary token.
  • A perspective to be considered re: buyer's clubs I've yet to see is this; if just one player is going to leave they should weigh up whether they feel it important to put the 140 CP on their own roster (and it might) or to spread that 140 CP through their alliance.

If you're a singular purchase then the reality is either way 140 CP is generated for your alliance. It's just a difference in distribution.
  • Vhailorx
    Lots of great dtauls and questions to add to the guide. I will try to find some time to update the original post this weekend knot going to try typing updates on my phone).
  • How does a buy club work? What prevents someone joining and getting all the CP and then leaving without buying anything himself?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    How does a buy club work? What prevents someone joining and getting all the CP and then leaving without buying anything himself?
    I suppose you could do that once. Once. [/johnnydangerously]
    Seriously, Word of mouth would probably get out real Quick and you'd not get invited to join other buy clubs at the very least. People might start hitting you in PvP too...
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    How does a buy club work? What prevents someone joining and getting all the CP and then leaving without buying anything himself?
    I suppose you could do that once. Once. [/johnnydangerously]
    Seriously, Word of mouth would probably get out real Quick and you'd not get invited to join other buy clubs at the very least. People might start hitting you in PvP too...
    Exactly. Everyone posts screenshots as they go so everyone knows exactly who it was.

Believe it or not I've never had this happen to me.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    There are not an unlimited number of buy clubs, first of all. The total is relatively small, and there is a pretty regular whale contingent to each (and a core contingent that span multiple clubs, lol). So in a given buy, 18+ usually know and have a history with one another, and it's common to see one of the regulars get tied up with work or have an iTunes or Amazon issue, and another regular will "cover" that player and buy 2, with the understanding that in a future buy that player will cover him, essentially paying him back. So reputation is a HUGE factor. Beyond that, most clubs have a rules that you need to be invited by a standing member (especially for Starks and up), and also there is a rule that any first-timers have to buy first, just to make sure they don't try to hang around until the end and sneak out. On top of that, there's pretty much an established protocol for before/after screen shots of a purchase that need to be submitted, along with the "regulars" verifying that they received the CP for each buy, before the next person in line goes.

There's a bit of anxiety at first, but I've only ever seen it happen a couple of times where someone jumps in and doesn't buy, and I've never had it happen in one I've personally been in.