XFDP bug on wave nodes

madok
madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
I was doing the Big Enchilada today where XFDP was in the final wave. I dropped normal whales to clear out the last two characters in wave 3 and when XFDP loaded in for the fourth wave he generated two of his X-Enforcer CD tiles for those two characters. Never seen that before. Guess waves order of operations are really jacked up.

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wave nodes have had issues when changing waves for a long time now, it's been a long standing issue. You will also sometimes see it with 2*Storm's Raging Tempest, or 3* Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption, for example. There's also still the 'enemy portrait will change to someone from the next wave before actually completing this wave'.

Not sure if they simply can't squash the bug, or just don't find it high priority enough to spend resources on.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I noticed the same thing after blowing away the third wave with Sniper Rifle. Yet another in the long list of passives that should never be allowed to fire due to damage to the prior wave.

We (mostly) all know it's a long-standing issue. What is so difficult about pulling these reactive characters out of the "random" rotation (the waves containing them are ALWAYS the same characters, so I have a hard time truly calling it random) until the issue can be resolved? Seems the most logical solution to me.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kind of similar, I was playing a wave node and cleared a wave with a standard match, so the new enemy wave was able to start with a match. Before the new wave populated, the Sacrifice animation for Sentry played and the strike tile was placed. Then the wave actually populated, but Sentry had not taken any damage. So the AI basically got to place a high damage strike tile for free.