Add more XP to PVP

Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
XP has been a great feature and has encouraged me to play more PVE than before. I'd love for it to do the same for PVP, beyond the one-time-per-event welcome reward. I suggest it is given up every 500 points in incrementing amounts.

500 points = 5 XP
1000 points = 10 XP
1500 points = 25 XP
2000 points = 50 XP
2500 points = 100 XP

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps they don't think they need to do more things that would encourage out of game coordination in pvp, adding something at 500 points would be a good idea though as it would beginners to push beyond that first event token.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get my PvP XPs from champion levels from the cover drops.
    I agree there could be more, but at the same time I can see the devs being restrictive at first to see how it plays out.
    Replacing some ISO drop with a few XP could probably work pretty well though. And there's this big gap between 1000 and 1300 that is just begging to be filled with new rewards...
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    PvP is more rewarding than PvE and i am afraid its true for XPs as well considering the amount of tokens, 2* and 3* covers you can get from PvP.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Are there any XP in PVP?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are there any XP in PVP?

The 2* cover at 200 is good for 2XP if non-champed and applied or 4XP if champed and applied. 3* cover at 800 good for a champ level is worth 5 XP if not champed, 10XP if champed. Same for 4* cover at 1k, 10XP or 20XP. The 3 tokens also give 9XP. If you can reach 1.3k you get 10XP for opening a legendary.

Translating this into a crude table you can get a range of XP gained by score. I assume all tokens are opened. The lower number is if you can not use the cover at all, the higher number if you can use it for a champ level. If you apply the cover you are somewhere in the middle.

200 points: 0-4 XP
    300 pts: 3-7 XP
    650 pts: 6-10 XP
    800pts: 6-20XP
    900pts: 9-23XP
    1000pts: 9-23XP
    1300pts: 19-33XP

This does not include placement rewards at all which could add a significant number of XP on top of this if the covers are usable. Even with that these amounts pale in comparison to what is usually an easy 120+ XP every 3 days from PvE just from clearing one-off nodes and check marking trivial nodes.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are there any XP in PVP?

The 2* cover at 200 is good for 2XP if non-champed and applied or 4XP if champed and applied. 3* cover at 800 good for a champ level is worth 5 XP if not champed, 10XP if champed. Same for 4* cover at 1k, 10XP or 20XP. The 3 tokens also give 9XP. If you can reach 1.3k you get 10XP for opening a legendary.

Translating this into a crude table you can get a range of XP gained by score. I assume all tokens are opened. The lower number is if you can not use the cover at all, the higher number if you can use it for a champ level. If you apply the cover you are somewhere in the middle.

200 points: 0-4 XP
    300 pts: 3-7 XP
    650 pts: 6-10 XP
    800pts: 6-20XP
    900pts: 9-23XP
    1000pts: 9-23XP
    1300pts: 19-33XP

This does not include placement rewards at all which could add a significant number of XP on top of this if the covers are usable. Even with that these amounts pale in comparison to what is usually an easy 120+ XP every 3 days from PvE just from clearing one-off nodes and check marking trivial nodes.

However, PVE also has all these "hidden" XP awards (in fact, more, because you get all the end-of-sub tokens) PLUS XP from fully completing missions. That's why I propose PVP could use some hard XP rewards as well.
  • Crowl
    As somebody already mentioned in the thread, you can get a bunch of 2*'s for more XP from PVP though.
  • veny
    Right now its almost impossible to get 3*s from PvE placement rewards. I drain each node and still i below top 100.
    PvP?
    - potential 2* from every node
    - easily reachable top 100 position rewarding you with 3*s
    - tokens as progress rewards, also 10-token pack easily obtainable from season loot (i got Carnage + some 3*s from the last one)
    - some 2*s, 3*s, and even one 4* in SHIELD.

Summed up, there are tons of XPs in PvP and i see no reason why more should be added... PvP is fine as it is now.
  • Crowl
    veny wrote:
    Right now its almost impossible to get 3*s from PvE placement rewards. I drain each node and still i below top 100.
    PvP?

Not sure how you aren't getting higher than that in PVE, if by drain each node you mean clear down to 1, then unless your timing is horrible that should result in an easy t50 and usually much higher.

Are you doing the following:

Clear the required node(s) in the main event.
    Four clears on every node as soon as possible to start the timers.
    Clear 2-3 more times on each node in the last 1-2 hours.
  • veny
    Crowl wrote:
    veny wrote:
    PvP?

Not sure how you aren't getting higher than that in PVE, if by drain each node you mean clear down to 1, then unless your timing is horrible that should result in an easy t50 and usually much higher.

Are you doing the following:

Clear the required node(s) in the main event.
    Four clears on every node as soon as possible to start the timers.
    Clear 2-3 more times on each node in the last 1-2 hours.
    Of course not, i do all 6 attempts as soon as possible and still it takes me 5+ hours each day. I dont have time to do the event the most efficient way.
    I am not complaining about not being able to reach top 100, just saying before SHIELD ranks it was way easier to get in top 100.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do four clears in the first hours of the new sub (not necessarily right away), then two more clears at the very end of the sub for the XP. That's usually good for top 50. I think you lose out on a lot of points by not letting the nodes Recharge.
  • Crowl
    veny wrote:
    Of course not, i do all 6 attempts as soon as possible and still it takes me 5+ hours each day. I dont have time to do the event the most efficient way.
    I am not complaining about not being able to reach top 100, just saying before SHIELD ranks it was way easier to get in top 100.

If you have time to do 6 nodes in a row then your best approach is to do 4 clears to start and 2 at the end of the sub, from the 2nd sub onwards that is effectively 6 clears in a row but your overall points have improved significantly.