My 30th maxed 3* just tipped the scales.

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
For the first time since 4* became a thing, my 4* ISO needs are greater than my 3* ISO needs.

Nine 3* to go (unless I covermax a 4* first) and then I can move on to growing my 4*.

Comments

• Thanks for the update on your roster I guess...?
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I'm just a little ahead of you, DFiPL, with 35 out of 40 three-stars as Champions.

If you have 30 three-star Champions and only nine to go, who is it that you're leaving out?
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    If you have 30 three-star Champions and only nine to go, who is it that you're leaving out?

My money would be on Sentry or Rags.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Put me down for Sentry. Ragnarok has his uses, particularly in lightning rounds. Sentry's only use is to unlock essential nodes...
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:

Put me down for Sentry. Ragnarok has his uses, particularly in lightning rounds. Sentry's only use is to unlock essential nodes...

Those extra covers I'll eventually have will still result in rewards. That's why I'm going 40/40 three-star Champions. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, with the new XP and the champion rewards, it really makes sense to champ all 40 of the 3*s. Heck, compared to 4*s they're super cheap anyway.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Congrats.

I also just got to 30 champions, and hadn't broken my ISO needs down by star level, so you got me thinking about it. I figured out how to separate out my needs, and found I need:

5*: 1.1M
    4*: 6.1M
    3*: 1.0M

The clear priority for now, though, is BSS, who needs half of that 5* amount. Ugh.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

Those extra covers I'll eventually have will still result in rewards. That's why I'm going 40/40 three-star Champions. icon_e_smile.gif

That's how I am approaching it too. I have a couple of 4*s that could use ISO and be playable but I'd rather have a wide roster of 3*s all feeding covers to my 4*s than have to play with just two or three characters all the time because of scaling. The side benefit to maxing all 3*s first is that covers are always useful, the downside is it takes a little longer to have a roster that hits 1300 in PVP easily. I'm comfortable with where my scaling is now so I don't mind not being able to hit that extra CP and occasionally useful covers yet. I still have twelve 3*s left to champion with most cover maxed so I think it will be a few months before I get to the point where I have to start worrying about how to hoard enough ISO to not make scaling brutal.
  • DFiPL
    Thanks for the update on your roster I guess...?

You're welcome. I know you were dying for that news.
    I'm just a little ahead of you, DFiPL, with 35 out of 40 three-stars as Champions.

Less that I'm leaving him out, more that I had him forever, never used him, needed his roster spot, and have never re-rostered/rebuilt him. I don't know if I ever will.

Depending on which one you placed your money on, you'd be either right or wrong!
    Quebbster wrote:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

I mean, at some point I may re-roster and rebuild him for the champion rewards, but he's just not a priority for me. I don't use him, I don't really care for his power set...he just fills me with 'meh.' I didn't regret it when I sold him off, and I've never felt the urge to rebuild him.

I have 38 others fully covered and 3* Iron Man has escaped Sentry-hell (he used to be another I wouldn't bother with because I didn't like his power set, but I've come around) and will eventually be fully covered and championed. Sentry? Meh.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate every aspect of sentry's Powers. I only use him when he is required.

I have him champed though because of those sweet red hulk covers he will get me down the road.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler

One big argument to champ both of them are the champion rewards:
    X23 for Rags
    RedHulk for Sentry
  • DFiPL
    tizian2015 wrote:

One big argument to champ both of them are the champion rewards:
    X23 for Rags
    RedHulk for Sentry

My X-23 is 1/3/1. Thus, Ragnarok's champion rewards are attractive to me.

My Red Hulk has a single cover. Maybe if he had 3 or 4 I'd be willing to put up with the slog of rebuilding/re-leveling/championing Sentry. Considering I'd need 30 Sentry covers, minimum, to get a single Red Hulk cover reward right now, there's an awful lot of 'nope' going around. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Someday. Perhaps. Today is not that day.
  • v_ironman
    v_ironman Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Ragnarok + im40 + iceman
    Ragnarok + 3*storm + kamala

You can use Rags, just solve the puzzle.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Quebbster wrote:

Oh c'mon now, Sentry bombing with OML was awesome. Plus his champ covers lead to Red Hulk, which is also quite valuable.

Gamora (Starlord), Falcon (Falcap), Colossus (XFW), DocOck (Carnage), Spidey (Miles), Rags (X23), Daredevil (Elektra), Punisher (Elektra) is all I have left.

Only Colossus, Rags and Doc are on the radar, since I have XFW/Carnage/X23 champed. The others will likely rot until I'm fully transitioned to 5*; no sense in burning the ~500k iso on them right now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

Oh c'mon now, Sentry bombing with OML was awesome. Plus his champ covers lead to Red Hulk, which is also quite valuable.
    Last time I used Sentrybombing was probably Before he was nerfed. I did enjoy running Sentry and Kingpin together a Little while ago though, I Think it was in the Starfall PvP. Sentry did provide some nice damage boosts for Kingpin's finger poke.