ISO shortage - Some positive steps

Options
antreas1911
antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Well last months D3 has taken some steps into the right direction about one of the biggest issues of the game. The iso shortage.

1. Shield Rank
It is a bit early to calculate exactly the frequency of advancing ranks but i think it is close to one rank per week. That gives as 30k per week.

2. Alliance daily iso
It was 10 iso per member, it is 100 now. A 1800 daily difference or 12600 weekly.

3. Increased iso in ddq vault
This is a bit hard to calculate, i give it a 500 daily boost or 3500 per week.

So all in all we have an increase of 46000 per week.

In a months period (4 weeks and a few days) that gives us a 200k iso increase.
Which translates to half amount of iso needed to champ a 4*.

Do you guys think this is enough?
I believe almost yes, they are close to the sweet spot.

Two things that i could add is more double iso events (1-2 monthly) and a choice to use hero points as champion fee instead of iso. That last thing might seem minor but if you add all iso you spent to champ all your chars the amount is huge.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was recently stockpiling my ISO in preparation of my move to fivestar land. I was surprised to see I was making around 200K ISO a week. That means it's not really a problem to max out a fourstar every other week for me. This was Before the SHIELD ranks too, so those rewards make it even easier.
    I see myself as a tortoise player - I don't have the speed of the hare, but inch by inch I am catching up...
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you OP so much for not just making another whiny "we need moar Iso" thread. That is all I have to say.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah we are getting there. Shield Rank also addressed one of my main issues, not every body needs the same amount of iso, so I think we are getting there.

Now, If I just had some chars I could and I was interested in champing... (Why keep levelling my 3s and 4s, if just my 5s matter?)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Now, If I just had some chars I could and I was interested in champing... (Why keep levelling my 3s and 4s, if just my 5s matter?)
    I swear if I read this one more time I'll scream.

You champ 3*s and 4*s for the LT and CP.
    Because those latest don't come from thin air, they come from champion rewards.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Very much this. I am up to two dozen champed fourstars as well as all two- and threestars. The rewards Cascade is quite nice when you can use pretty much every cover you pull...
  • Polares
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Then scream all you want because I will keep repeating it icon_razz.gif

Levelling all these chars is a process completely unexciting, when you are levelling your 30th 3, your 17th 4 and doing the 2-recyclng you are basically working, your are not playing, you are managing resources, because these chars are basically useless. This process is not very fun (at least not for me). So yeah levelling them produces more resources, that it is true, but it is boooooooring.

Yey lets level Quicksilver ! Or lets level Starlord !!! It is so fun !!!! icon_razz.gif

Meanwhile the game keeps punching me in the face with 450 level enemies...

PS: But iso has improved, this is true, so I am still hopeful for Clearance levels
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Levelling all these chars is a process completely unexciting, when you are levelling your 30th 3, your 17th 4 and doing the 2-recyclng you are basically working, your are not playing, you are managing resources, because these chars are basically useless. This process is not very fun (at least not for me). So yeah levelling them produces more resources, that it is true, but it is boooooooring.

Yey lets level Quicksilver ! Or lets level Starlord !!! It is so fun !!!! icon_razz.gif

PS: But iso has improved, this is true, so I am still hopeful for Clearance levels
    You asked for a reason to champ 3 and 4*s, nobody said it was exciting.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:

I completely agree,but it feels like you are spending hundreds of ISO for a LT that might only net you 1000 ISO and the character you just championed is not going to be used. For instance I have 15 championed 4* and OML championed. I am now going back to my last 4 3* to champ. I championed spiderman and got an IW. The only thing that now made the 90K ISO worth it is the experience points I just got. The 90K ISO feels wasted.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Here's an "exciting" reason: It is FUN to have a diversity of characters. Fun? Anybody remember the word? As in the reason you play games for? While Demiurge has missed the mark a few times, they have succeeded generally speaking in making each character feel unique and have a specific, flavourful "battleplan" and the weekly/featured buffs make a good job of allowing characters in the lower tiers to shine cyclicaly.

So yes, I'll very much keep spreading my iso around and managing my resources (which is usually a trademark of games, as it rewards strategical thinking) so I can have FUN with characters like Quicksilver, Bullseye and beast when they are buffed, rather than laser-focus my iso into 2-3 highest tier characters (that will force me into a rote, repetitive strategy every. single. game) and then complain about scaling making all my other characters irrelevant.
  • Polares
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:

Here's an "exciting" reason: It is FUN to have a diversity of characters. Fun? Anybody remember the word? As in the reason you play games for? While Demiurge has missed the mark a few times, they have succeeded generally speaking in making each character feel unique and have a specific, flavourful "battleplan" and the weekly/featured buffs make a good job of allowing characters in the lower tiers to shine cyclicaly.

So yes, I'll very much keep spreading my iso around and managing my resources (which is usually a trademark of games, as it rewards strategical thinking) so I can have FUN with characters like Quicksilver, Bullseye and beast when they are buffed, rather than laser-focus my iso into 2-3 highest tier characters (that will force me into a rote, repetitive strategy every. single. game) and then complain about scaling making all my other characters irrelevant.

It would be FUN if the game would let me play with other characters than OML and PH. I can't use almost any of my other 90+ chars because the scaling is so crazy high there is no way I can beat the nodes without using them. And in PvP it is the same. I wanted to use and level my 5s, I have been playing to max them for the last year!, but levelling them has clearly brought me more problems than rewards...

But let's forget I said anything, this thread was about ISO, and I have unintentionally hijacked the content of the thread, sorry OP :S
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options

3. Increased iso in ddq vault
    This is a bit hard to calculate, i give it a 500 daily boost or 3500 per week.

Someone calculated it and its about 100 iso a day. The most benefit -if i remember correctly- will be made by hoarding people, who loot the whole vault.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:

It would be FUN if the game would let me play with other characters than OML and PH. I can't use almost any of my other 90+ chars because the scaling is so crazy high there is no way I can beat the nodes without using them. And in PvP it is the same. I wanted to use and level my 5s, I have been playing to max them for the last year!, but levelling them has clearly brought me more problems than rewards...

But let's forget I said anything, this thread was about ISO, and I have unintentionally hijacked the content of the thread, sorry OP :S

I think this is the seed for a QOL improvement. Is it possible to scale to the team, rather than the roster? Scaling currently predetermines your nodes based on a number of factors, highest-powered being tantamount. If scaling could lax a bit with an inferior team, it would incentivize players to actually use their diverse rosters, rather than just maintaining them.

At the moment, I'm generally using my top tier in every node. The rest of my roster is there to unlock essentials, feed champ rewards, and recycle (2*) Iso. If scaling were based on my team choice rather than my top characters, I wouldn't be so inclined to use the top characters.

I recognize there is ample room for abuse in this scenario. An optimized 1* team should not have access to the same rewards as a champed 4*. The devil is in the details. But if it could happen, it would open up usage beyond the current boost/required.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don't forget all the lucky players that got their shield rank iso doubled no strings attached
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I championed spiderman and got an IW. The only thing that now made the 90K ISO worth it is the experience points I just got. The 90K ISO feels wasted.

Except if you didn't champion Spider-Man, then every Spider-Man cover you get is nothing but ISO. Now that you have a champion, you're working towards CP, HP, and 3 Miles Morales covers. The net ISO loss (which is less than 90K if you fully max a 3* champion) is basically an investment to guarantee yourself some future rewards.

Unless a) you already have Miles Morales cover-maxed or b) that 90K would make one of your underlevelled 4* characters so incredibly effective that you're going to rank better in PvP or PvE (and I doubt that's enough to make a difference), you're almost certainly better off championing, even if that Spider-Man just sits around unused in your roster.