Hilarious Side Effect of the XP Announcement for Match Wins

2»

Comments

• kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Dark Nova wrote:
    If the XP banner appears and you're still allowed to make a move afterwards, I understand that ANY move you make will kill off the other team, but what happens if you retreat at that point? Do you get to keep the XP even though you lost the match??

Does it announce if you still have a move left? I didn't think it did that. I've only seen it happen when something will automatically trigger the win at the start of your turn, like Sonic Boom going off.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    kobu wrote:
    Dark Nova wrote:
    If the XP banner appears and you're still allowed to make a move afterwards, I understand that ANY move you make will kill off the other team, but what happens if you retreat at that point? Do you get to keep the XP even though you lost the match??

Does it announce if you still have a move left? I didn't think it did that. I've only seen it happen when something will automatically trigger the win at the start of your turn, like Sonic Boom going off.

It would appear that, in some cases, the announcement is made with a turn still remaining:
    The logic isn't perfect, because I got the XP/match win banner in the recent heroic for a move that left an enemy Daken alive until my next move.

My guess is that there was literally no move you could make that would leave Daken alive. Like I said, I've won on my turn and not actually ended the match until my next turn. Same general theory, you resolved your move and won the game because the "AI" had actually already calculated your win, including match damage from your next turn.

Which is why I wondered what would happen if, with one turn to make, you just retreated? icon_question.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would very much like to see a video of this happening. I've had plenty of matches where effects late into the AI turn cause victory and the banner popped up way early, but never when there was a chance for me to take another turn. The former makes sense if you think about how the game operations are processed, but I have never seen or heard of the latter until this thread. What you're describing is a sort of checkmate situation and it seems to me that that would have to actually be programmed in to function. I think you gentlemen are misinterpreting the situation or just remembering it wrong.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    I would very much like to see a video of this happening. I've had plenty of matches where effects late into the AI turn cause victory and the banner popped up way early, but never when there was a chance for me to take another turn. The former makes sense if you think about how the game operations are processed, but I have never seen or heard of the latter until this thread. What you're describing is a sort of checkmate situation and it seems to me that that would have to actually be programmed in to function. I think you gentlemen are misinterpreting the situation or just remembering it wrong.

Yeah the same here. I have never ever seen the pop up if I had to still make a move to finish the match. I doubt it has happened to anybody...

And this is not new, it was changed some releases ago. The order of animations now is a bit messed up. It was very easy to see when you were in a survival node and you beat one of the waves with a very long cascade sequence, the 'models/images' of the next wave was showing before the wave was downed.