Don't know who to keep

statnut
statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, in the last four days, I'd pulled 4 character I hadn't had before.

Bruce Banner
War Machine
Moon Knight
Wasp

I dumped Jugs for Bruce Banner, so that's one down. I should have enough HP in the next day or two to roster one of the others. My question is which one? Should I dump Devil Dino (3 covers) and Howard the Duck (3 covers) for the others?

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    War Machine is pretty bad honestly, I have him at 4/4/4 and he's ugh... Pointless character that might make some atk tiles and terrible damage with CD's.

Wasp also seems awful but hard to judge, not enough covers at the moment.

Moon Knight is good/OK, he has a small true heal but his other 2 skills rely on randomness. Still, he's good, just random.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    War Machine is pretty damn bad honestly, I have him at 4/4/4 and he's ugh... Pointless character that might make some atk tiles and terrible damage with CD's.

His blue can destroy shield and invisibility tiles, which can come in handy. But yeah, plenty of 4* that are better than him.
  • statnut
    Yeah Wasp's powers seemed kinda awful reading the descriptions. I just hate to toss a four-star for required reasons.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Keep Mk and start saving tokens, open only when you can get a new slot.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going against the others and say sell ms marvel and 2* hawkeye. Both can be rebuilt easily enough
  • statnut
    Yeah dumping Hawkeye might be the way to go. I dropped Ms Marvel a while back, guess I forgot to change that. But after the CW event, since Hawkeye seems necessary.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep all. You should be able to earn enough hp for slots before they expire but if not then my general rule of cutting is to always chop someone expendable from the tier below.

Selling 4 or 5 stars should never be done unless it's IW or cho. Everyone else can stay.

Also I have a 3/1/5 war machine and was a critic on his release but he's actually pretty good, especially in pve
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    War Machine is pretty damn bad honestly, I have him at 4/4/4 and he's ugh... Pointless character that might make some atk tiles and terrible damage with CD's.

Wasp also seems awful but hard to judge, not enough covers at the moment.

Moon Knight is good/OK, he has a small true heal but his other 2 skills rely on randomness. Still, he's good, just random.

What? I ran into a rash of War Machine covers and champed him right away. He's awesome! Between him and Miles I pretty much strolled through the Oscorp Heroic.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll echo the War Machine love. He more than pulled his weight for me in Venom Bomb, even though he's only 3/3/5 and level 188. Gatling Gun is pretty sweet at 5 covers though, and I am looking forward to more blue covers too.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'll echo the War Machine love. He more than pulled his weight for me in Venom Bomb, even though he's only 3/3/5 and level 188. Gatling Gun is pretty sweet at 5 covers though, and I am looking forward to more blue covers too.

I have him at 5/5/3 (level 70) and a part from his blue, that is quite is strong, he is useless. It may be because green looks like to be more useful than red, but I used him in the easy nodes of VenomBomb and he didn't help at all.

I thought his red would be more useful, but most of the time I don't get the attack tiles, and with normal matches (without anybody in the team that would destroy a lot of tiles) is just a delayed damage ability. His red should also work like GG yellow with this tile, I have lost the tile more than once because the AI managed to match it twice :S (yeah it happened at least twice!!!) so red should have a passive at 5 that fortifies the tile every turn.

I guess with WarM or you go 5/3/5 and fire green and red together or you go 3/5/5 and forget completely about red. Red on its own is quite meh.

So MoonK looks like to be the best of this bunch, but I dont have him maxed so I am not 100% sure.
  • Quebbster
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I have him at 5/5/3 (level 70) and a part from his blue, that is quite is strong, he is useless. It may be because green looks like to be more useful than red, but I used him in the easy nodes of VenomBomb and he didn't help at all.

I thought his red would be more useful, but most of the time I don't get the attack tiles, and with normal matches (without anybody in the team that would destroy a lot of tiles) is just a delayed damage ability. His red should also work like GG yellow with this tile, I have lost the tile more than once because the AI managed to match it twice :S (yeah it happened at least twice!!!) so red should have a passive at 5 that fortifies the tile every turn.

I guess with WarM or you go 5/3/5 and fire green and red together or you go 3/5/5 and forget completely about red. Red on its own is quite meh.

So MoonK looks like to be the best of this bunch, but I dont have him maxed so I am not 100% sure.
    IMO 3/5/5 is the most viable build - 5 blue is a must since that is War Machine's only direct source of damage, and I feel you get more mileage out of 5 green than 5 red. And yeah, I haven't used red at all, though I did play him with Miles Morales who has a very useful and cheap red Power.
    It probably helped quite a bit that I also used OML, who really could make the most of War Machine's board shake through Gatling Gun...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    What the heck, all this "advice" and no one has told you it was a terrible choice to sell Juggernaut? How are you going to complete DDQ? It's literally cutting yourself off 2700 daily Iso plus 10 XP. And don't even think of selling 2* Hawkeye who's along with 2* Magneto your most reliable damage dealer in that three-people team of 2*s. Why would you cripple yourself for the sake of ONE 4* cover that will most likely not become useful to you until several months if not a year from now? Either drop $10 bucks in the game for some HP or just cut down those 4*s instead of shooting yourself on the foot by eliminating your bread-earners.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:
    What the heck, all this "advice" and no one has told you it was a terrible choice to sell Juggernaut? How are you going to complete DDQ? It's literally cutting yourself off 2200 daily Iso plus 10 XP. And don't even think of selling 2* Hawkeye who's along with 2* Magneto your most reliable damage dealer in that three-people team of 2*s. Why would you cripple yourself for the sake of ONE 4* cover that will most likely not become useful to you until several months if not a year from now? Either drop $10 bucks in the game for some HP or just cut down those 4*s instead of shooting yourself on the foot by eliminating your bread-earners.

Ssshhhh... don't wake the baby...
  • 4* are quite irrelevant in the game now. I'd have kept Juggernaut over any of those 4*. At least he'll earn his keep in DDQ.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I'm pretty surprised that your fortified red gets matched often. My unfortified red nearly always resolves. I'll agree that red is not a spectacular ability and I'd probably favour 3/5/5 build as well
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Drop $20-$50 into the game, get a huge influx of HP and roster all of them. If you enjoy the game and have been playing it regularly, give a little back to it. That's how I justify throwing $20 into from time to time.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Get that wallet out and support the game. $20 will fix your 'issue'
  • statnut
    I've spent enough on this game (and currently have a VIP sub), so no thanks to dropping $20.
  • statnut
    Thoughts on dumping Howard the Duck and Devil Dinosaur for Wasp and War Machine?
  • Quebbster
    statnut wrote:
    Thoughts on dumping Howard the Duck and Devil Dinosaur for Wasp and War Machine?
    Anniversary is only a month away, you should have use for Devil Dino then.I suppose you could drop Howard for War Machine though.