Effect of Fully Leveled 4-star on PVP?

Milthslayer
Milthslayer Posts: 13
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I finally have the iso and the covers to max my first 4 star (IMHB). Can anyone tell what effect maxing him should have on the type of opponents I'll see in PVP? I don't have any other decent, fully covered 4 stars so it would be just him until I get an additional cover for Jean Grey or Cyclops. If it makes a difference, I have 6 5 stars on my roster, none of whom have been leveled.

Thanks

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just leveled up my first fivestar (OML, who else?), and I have already noticed this has made me a lot more visible for other fivestar players. I assume the same thing will happen to you, but with fourstars. Hulkbuster should be able to deal with most problems you face though, as long as you have a good roster of threestars to back him up.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    IMHB is powerful enough to carry you through in most circumstances as he is a high tier 4*, but here is my advice.

Do you have 20+ championed 3* characters with the top tier characters (IF, Luke, IM40, etc) among them? If so, max away. You will encounter tougher teams and get hit by tougher teams, but your 3* cast will be boosted to the same level as your IMHB often enough to make a difference for you.

Do you have 10-15 3* champs? You are probably still fine, but tread with caution as most likely you will only have a couple boosted each week.

Do you have 0-5 3* champs? My advice would be to wait.

For reference, I have a 273 4* Thor, 7 level 255 5*s, a 229 IMHB with 11 covers, and 39 championed 3*s. PvP is completely manageable when I feel like playing it. When Thor is boosted, the 1k progression is almost laughably easy in the right slice (4).

Just my 2 cents.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have...
    X23, quake, hb, thing, falcap all champed and I also have a 300 oml and a 290 goblin. The majority of my opponents are still 3* with the occasional 4* team thrown in.

You should be fine.
  • Thanks for the advice. All of my 3 stars are champed and I have an extra IMHB in my queue so I will definitely be maxing and champing him.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I may have a similar roster to yours. I have about half of the 3* characters championed (all the good ones and then some) and I have Hulkbuster championed. All of the 5*'s before Black Bolt at 1-3 covers and not leveled.

Getting to 2000 in Simulator is easier now than it was before. Getting to 600 in an event is easier than it was. I can't get to 800 without getting attacked by stronger rosters. Once I'm past 700 it seems I'm visible to people with multiple championed 4* characters and I frequently get hit by people with two 4*'s boosted to 360+.

Shield hopping from 800 to to 1000 is just as hard as it was when I only had 3* champs.