Anyone here also experiences bad performance in survivals?

h4n1s
h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi guys,

is it just me or someone else also experiences lags (heavy lags) in fights in survival nodes after the R108?

Animations are like in slo-mo, often freezing for ~1/2 seconds, match takes ages... Completing 4 waves of Big Enchilada is pain with this...

(for the record I play on Yoga 2 tablet and the game was smooth prior to this update)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I notice some lag too, can't say if it's in survival nodes though.

Usually a lag during a fight meant that I was hit in PVP in the background, but this seems to be something new.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have experienced this for years, and it is not related with Survivals. It goes like this, without any warning, doing whatever in the game, I get like a flash/blink, and after that everything goes like at half the speed, it is like it goes from 60 fps to 30 but without adjusting the frameDelta to the new speed. I need to restart the App to fix the problem. I have complained about this in the bug section in the past but no luck.

I have not been able to isolate the problem the problem completely, looks like than when I have problems with my connection or when I have a lot of info pop ups it happens more, but I don't really now the cause.

I am on iOs, and happens both in the phone and ipad (different phones, 5 and 6, different ios versions, tablet, and nothing changes).
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I also noticed the slowdown, but not only in survival nodes... Mainly when there is some heavy board shake involved. I didn't experience this before R108. I thought that might be caused by Android system update (which did coincide with MPQ update), but if people on other platforms also see this, I'm not so sure anymore.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I've noticed any symbiote nodes are incredibly slow when they are placing their CD tiles.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    The eye candy is just getting excessive and detracting from the actual game play experience.

I'm sure its probably occurred to everyone who's seen the 10 xp match win reward, that the AI actually calculates all the damage and cascades instantly. and that your really just watching a video.

I'm all for modest animations like Surgical strike or cherry bomb. But the game should limit animations like Carnage to once per turn.

Specifically, even though KK's heal can and should fire after every enemy cast. We the players should only see that animation occur once per turn.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Just be glad it didn't crash on you. It crashed on me when I was fighting the boss. Luckily the boss node was still open after I went back in but all my guys took 10% damage.

I don't know how that happened thought for sure i lost the points
  • Il galvanico
    Il galvanico Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Same here with 2 Asus devices. Sometimes it begins early in the game, sometimes only when a cascade occurs or will occur.