Bring On the Bad Guys

Options
JeffCascadian
JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
edited December 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
More than just the title of one of Marvel's first trade paperbacks, bring on the bad guys is something this game could use. As much as I'm personally more inclined to play heroes instead of villains, there's a couple of villains that are noticeably absent and several more that could be included. I'm not going to mention any X-Men villains given the current directive to not make more for the game.

Neither Captain America nor Iron Man, two of the characters there are the most versions of in the game, don't have archenemies available. For Cap, it's obvious. We need a Red Skull. Iron Man can be a bit more tricky. Mandarin is a good call or maybe Crimson Dynamo. Given that he's often his own worst enemy, maybe the Inversion'd Iron Man. (Not really. We do not need another Tony Stark in the game.)

Other enemies I think we could use:

The Leader (Hulk's archenemy)
Malekith (enemy of both Thors)
Either Baron Zemo or Baron von Strucker (opponents of Captain America and Nick Fury)

There's a trio of major villains I'd like to see in the game but not as playable characters: Mephisto, Thanos, and Annihilus. I think these should be AI-only characters in major events similar to Galactus and Ultron.

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    Would you consider Sentinel a bad guy? Because robots are programmed to obey whoever created them (usually), and I am really itching to see a Sentinel in action against the X-Men

Then again, I could always settle with the Sinister Six as well... Sigh*, what good are heroes without villains?
  • JeffCascadian
    Options
    We won't see Sentinels anytime because those are X-Men characters. icon_e_sad.gif

I'd dig seeing more of the Sinister Six, though. Beetle...Boomerang...Speed Demon. So many possibilities.
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    I can recommend you a post that are dedicating in making bad guys ability speculations, here it is: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49022
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We won't see Sentinels anytime because those are X-Men characters. icon_e_sad.gif

I'd dig seeing more of the Sinister Six, though. Beetle...Boomerang...Speed Demon. So many possibilities.

I wouldn't count out the Sentinels simply on the basis of them being associated with the X-Men. We've still been getting X-Men toons from time-to-time.
  • JeffCascadian
    Options
    I wouldn't count out the Sentinels simply on the basis of them being associated with the X-Men. We've still been getting X-Men toons from time-to-time.

Only variations on those already in the game who were "grandfathered" in. It's been a long, long time since we had a unique to the game X-Men character. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Malekith or Kurse would be great
  • Space Surfer
    Space Surfer Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Would love to see Onslaught, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister,The Mandarin, and Sabretooth
  • JeffCascadian
    Options
    There's a trio of major villains I'd like to see in the game but not as playable characters: Mephisto, Thanos, and Annihilus. I think these should be AI-only characters in major events similar to Galactus and Ultron.

I guess I can live with a playable (or two) version(s) of Thanos. icon_e_biggrin.gif