Pvp events

Options
Daddystyx
Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
This game is played all over the world in different time zones. Why can't we have the nodes start with there existing lvls and continue to plus up to there maximum values. There are many friends of mine that don't even try at these events for any prizes due to the initial time commitment required to start the event. For some it's midnight for others it's right in the middle of their work day. Paying customers have jobs and enjoy buying product to support this game. Would it be possible to just give some leeway on the starting of the event having a few extra charges to build so we can fit in better into our schedule. One other benefit would be what happened today wouldn't be such a big deal for the lucky few who got there games in early before the crash.

Edited for spelling

Comments

• Mangus 73
    Mangus 73 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm in the uk so quick battle finishes at 3am and other events finish at 5pm and that's the same time I finish work so I'm never gonna see good prizes but don't worry as its obvious the devs would rather put out broken updates to try and make some cash as people have stopped spending money cause drop rates are so bad.
    It this point my interest in the game is fading fast and the nice 250 crystals they gave us got me a fat pack that gave me not one rare as usual so why even bother. Just let it go man, play something else cause I sure am.
  • Khebab
    Options
    Would definitely welcome a change in the pvp event...something like...you have 48 hours to play 30 matchup... Without the lockout from the nodes. Then you could use the free time you got, to compete in the event.
  • Mangus 73
    Mangus 73 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Khebab wrote:
    Would definitely welcome a change in the pvp event...something like...you have 48 hours to play 30 matchup... Without the lockout from the nodes. Then you could use the free time you got, to compete in the event.
    Sounds good
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    Khebab wrote:
    This is exactly what I'd like to see implemented. The four hour refresh reeks of a freemium mechanic without a freemium tie-in (because that would wreck the competition).
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    To play dev's advocate...

The four hour refresh rather than giving you all your games up front makes it seem more like an event. You might not know exactly how well people are doing, but no one can do it all up front, and some people will want to play all the games they can, so you can somewhat see how your compteition, both coalition and individual are doing.
  • Daddystyx
    Options
    What I would ultimately recommend is just make the cap 2 higher then the initial start to slow 8hrs of flex time to actually start playing the game.

Pvp weekend start 5 per node with a cap of 7.

Pvp weekday 3 start with a cap of 5
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If people were allowed all their matches at once, it doesn't resolve the timezone issue. First come, first served on rewards, so people who can grind it down as soon as it starts have the rank advantage.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    If people were allowed all their matches at once, it doesn't resolve the timezone issue. First come, first served on rewards, so people who can grind it down as soon as it starts have the rank advantage.
    I already wish that they'd rethink/rework the currently flawed tie-breaking system, and this would obviously be a nice little push in that direction.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Daddystyx wrote:
    What I would ultimately recommend is just make the cap 2 higher then the initial start to slow 8hrs of flex time to actually start playing the game.

I agree with this completely. It leaves the amount of games you can play per event unchanged, leaves the amount of games you can grind right off the bat unchanged, and removes the punishment from not being able to start the event at the exact time it starts. Either way you'd still be limited to the 'one new life every four hours' rule. Currently if you don't play at least one game with all your planeswalkers immediately when the event starts, you miss out on that first refresh which kills your chances if it comes down to tie-breakers, which it always does.
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only issue I see is that it might incourage more poop socking.
  • Netatron
    Options
    Daddystyx wrote:

If you then made it end 8 hours later but not regain matches for the last 8 hours then people having to sleep would hardly ever get in the way anywhere.
  • Daddystyx
    Options
    Ok there's one part of this entire equation that we might be forgetting. I'm a married man and today I was crucified due to my attempts to get my games in on the weekend event. If I would have had the flexibility of a wider start time it would have prevented my wife from sprouting horns and flaying me alive.

Just food for thought.

Come on devs help a brother out save the family man.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Daddystyx wrote:
    Ok there's one part of this entire equation that we might be forgetting. I'm a married man and today I was crucified due to my attempts to get my games in on the weekend event. If I would have had the flexibility of a wider start time it would have prevented my wife from sprouting horns and flaying me alive.

Just food for thought.

Come on devs help a brother out save the family man.

Play a round every 4 hours till you find a window to clear more. That's what I do.
  • Daddystyx
    Options
    That is what I would usually do by the event was Comic Con and I was trying my best to get play the first 4 matches but I couldn't. I missed out on two matches due to that four hour window. That and getting the stink eye the rest of the day. Simple fix is just st up the level of charges by two to give a 12 hour window to satisfy all time zones around the world.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Or just don't start with full games. If each planeswalker has a max of 5, start with 3 and if they have 3 start with 1.