Anyone here in the SealOfGiants public alliance?

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This is probably an extreme long shot, but I'm a member of this alliance (IGN SarajEvO) and I play on a Kindle Fire HDX. For whatever reason, the chat feature is not functional on the app using this device.

Anyway, the question was posed by hyros x asking if we should be Team Cap or Team Iron Man for the new Civil War. Personally, I would prefer Team Cap as it has more rewards I want/need and the roster is a better fit for me.

Even if we go Iron Man, I'll probably play Cap as much as I can to try and get as many of those rewards as I can.

But, that's just my two cents. It's what I would have sent over chat, if the feature wasn't borked for me.

Comments

• We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Uh....****?
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Have you tried using Line?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, if you willfully go for a team your alliance is not going for, you are cheating them off alliance points towards their goal. Also, if you cannot chat, at least you should look up your commanders' names in the forum and pm them. Don't feel surprised to find yourself kicked.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Just leave your alliance for the duration of the event if you're going to do the opposite faction. Why screw them over when you could merc to a group that actually wants what you do?
  • DarthDeVo
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Also, if you willfully go for a team your alliance is not going for, you are cheating them off alliance points towards their goal. Also, if you cannot chat, at least you should look up your commanders' names in the forum and pm them. Don't feel surprised to find yourself kicked.

I guess I don't clearly understand how these events work then. The first alliance I was in was very incomplete and fairly inactive to boot. The last two times I played Civil War, I played both sides wherever I could and that didn't seem to cause any issues. I just don't think they cared. But I suppose with a more active alliance that would cause issues.

So if my alliance goes Team IM and I play the nodes I can to the point of exhaustion, will it hurt our alliance if I then go and play Team Cap nodes on my own to exhaustion as well? I understand that without my alliance also playing the nodes I probably won't get much in the way of alliance rewards, but there's a chance I could at least get some more progression rewards from the Cap side. Or does playing IM nodes and then playing Cap nodes somehow take away from the alliance progress on the IM side?

I'm not saying that I'm going to play Team Cap regardless of what they do, was just saying if they go IM, I would play those and then Cap nodes on my own, but if that screws things up overall, I just won't do it.
  • DarthDeVo
    rubix_qube wrote:
    Have you tried using Line?

Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of Line before.
  • DarthDeVo
    Trade yourself with someone in the opposite situation.

There are Forum threads, LINE chats, Reddits, and FB froups for arranging such things.

Yeah, I totally didn't know any of those options existed. Granted, this would be a lot easier if the chat function worked on my Kindle, but that's supposedly a known issue they're working to fix.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    I guess I don't clearly understand how these events work then. The first alliance I was in was very incomplete and fairly inactive to boot. The last two times I played Civil War, I played both sides wherever I could and that didn't seem to cause any issues. I just don't think they cared. But I suppose with a more active alliance that would cause issues.

So if my alliance goes Team IM and I play the nodes I can to the point of exhaustion, will it hurt our alliance if I then go and play Team Cap nodes on my own to exhaustion as well? I understand that without my alliance also playing the nodes I probably won't get much in the way of alliance rewards, but there's a chance I could at least get some more progression rewards from the Cap side. Or does playing IM nodes and then playing Cap nodes somehow take away from the alliance progress on the IM side?

I'm not saying that I'm going to play Team Cap regardless of what they do, was just saying if they go IM, I would play those and then Cap nodes on my own, but if that screws things up overall, I just won't do it.

Completing a node on one side locks it on both sides, so by playing Team Cap, you wouldn't be able to get points from those nodes on Team IM.
  • DarthDeVo
    Starsaber wrote:
    Completing a node on one side locks it on both sides, so by playing Team Cap, you wouldn't be able to get points from those nodes on Team IM.

Ah.

Not sure I'm a huge fan of that, but whatevs. And now I'm kinda peeved they won't get the chat function operational. I have no idea how to hunt down anyone in my alliance using any of the other options mentioned by other users. And that shouldn't be something we're forced to do in the first place.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Starsaber wrote:

Ah.

Not sure I'm a huge fan of that, but whatevs. And now I'm kinda peeved they won't get the chat function operational. I have no idea how to hunt down anyone in my alliance using any of the other options mentioned by other users. And that shouldn't be something we're forced to do in the first place.

Well the whole point of the event is to force people to pick a side. It's called Civil War for a reason. For what it's worth it's the only event in the game that works like that.

Anyway, you're in a public alliance with people you've never talked to. The cost of just going and finding another alliance that suits you better is so small as to be unnoticeable.
    Think of it as an opportunity to make friends (if you join an alliance that uses Line, obviously, since you can't use in-game chat). The fact that your gaming experience will improve dramatically is just a side benefit.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Download Line.
    Learn to love the bear, 'cause the bear is chill.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNHVL5r11ToeNiSMUuMPwzvAGiorTfItpdFL63ZIvXnvfNeRcEfwcGV_s

Seriously though, if u don't mind the social aspect of alliances, do yourself a favor and use Line to communicate. There are many different games that use Line as a means of communication between players/alliances/etc. Most in-game chat functions are pretty minimal, including the one in MPQ.