Matchmaking in events

Options
Nitymp
Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So I first want to say that i'm pretty pleased you can no longer pick and choose your opponents in the events, it adds that bit of tension again and makes each win a bit more satisfying.

However, for low level PWs in say bronze tier, they are getting a bit of a bad deal having to face level 60s when they are only level 1x or 2x...

I assumed that the matchmaking would have been more like QB with the +/- 5 level limit thing? Or does this rule not apply within the events? Its just a tad but unfair on them now!

Comments

• M3f
    M3f Posts: 46
    Options
    I play this game a few months and some of my PWs are still lev 20ish and I'm facing lev 60 opponents. Liked it much more when I could pick my opponent... especialy with the extra conditions I'm trying to go for to get more points. Terrible matchmaking. On the other end my lev 60 strongest PWs are matched against lev 1 opponents from time to time. Insane...
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    I ran into a level 1 tezzeret in platinum. I assume he doesn't have time to play, and just wants minimum points.
  • Monk
    Monk Posts: 23
    Options
    Yeah, maybe he just bought the PW and have no rune to level him for now.

Not choosing your opponent is maybe a good thing, but I think the system could have a smartest way to choose him. We'll see for this event, but when the game faces me a top 10 ranked guy while I can't reach the top 200, it does not let me a lot of chance, despite the IA needs some strategy improvements... It's just a waste of encounter cooldown...
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    The problem is that there is really no matchmaking. It's just totally random and you could see that when you could change your opponents. So now whether you do good or not is decided by random chance of your picked opponents. I mean, I prefer not being able to change them, there were like 15 people with 70 point and at least that much with 59 last NoP, but at least create some kind of matchmaking.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    I ran into a level 1 tezzeret in platinum. I assume he doesn't have time to play, and just wants minimum points.
    Hmm maybe not, just ran into another level 1 tezzeret who had a very high rank. o.0
  • pacha
    pacha Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think they don't care about the PW we choose to insert in each node. They take any of our PW, even if it is not involved in the current event.

To my mind, the Tezzeret you encoutered was the one this player uses to do very fast QB, beacause his deck is far better than mine and include many mythics!
  • bgqtony
    Options
    Matchmaking in Events sucks now. Unless you have 5 lvl 60 PWs, you are going to get screwed. As someone who only has 2 at level 60, I 'm constantly losing battles because I have level 25's going up against 60s. It's hard to win when your opponents constantly have twice your hit points and get more mana of gem matches. It makes even trying events pretty pointless.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bgqtony wrote:
    Matchmaking in Events sucks now. Unless you have 5 lvl 60 PWs, you are going to get screwed. As someone who only has 2 at level 60, I 'm constantly losing battles because I have level 25's going up against 60s. It's hard to win when your opponents constantly have twice your hit points and get more mana of gem matches. It makes even trying events pretty pointless.

Exactly, this is what I meant. My gf is only level 2x with her PWs and when she could choose opponents, she was able to pick fair fights and ranked relatively well for her level and collection. But now, she is matched against level 60s constantly and getting nowhere near
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What about playing against a lvl 5 obnixilus our sarkan who is draining there own life while your trying to get objectives. Has cost me a few points already myself due to enrage kicking in and not having the final pieces to meet all objectives before they suicide themselves.