Thank you for Shield Ranking ! (and don't stop just there)

kenshohmer2
kenshohmer2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So far, the S.H.I.E.L.D ranking is a really good idea (for starters the iso burst is more than welcome...) I also like the banner popping on the top left every time I earn some XPs, it feels rewarding. It reminds me of the trophies pop up on PlayStation or achievement pop up on Xbox. I was also thinking it would be cool to earn XPs for "stylish moves" for example overkills (a 13K Righteous Uppercut or a 30K finish the fight on a 2 digits health last opponent ), perfects ( winning without taking damage), creating a cascade with 4 or mores successive matches, matching more than 5 times your own Daredevil trap .... I don't know some extra XP for situations hard to make happen but so satisfying when they do. (actually like trophies and achievement lol) That could create some new mini challenges in game and add some fun and way to gain XP. Just take the stories from the “Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)" thread for some ideas !
What do you think? What "moves" should be rewarded?

Maybe for part 3, who knows!

Good job D3/Demi!

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like it when I down an opponent in a single turn... or even down two or three opponents in a single turn (moves, not aoe damage). It would be cool to get XP for in-game achievements. They'd need to be things that rarely occured, such as getting 4 matches in a row on a single turn.. the stuff that creates that trumpet sound effect.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there should be a reward for using related characters. Like 3 of Fan Four, 3 Avengers, 3 Xmen, 3 Illuminati, 3 Villians or 3 Spidey characters. Doesn't have to be much either. Just something for using different teams.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    or just a minimum number of characters used in a day. last 24 hrs I've used 31 characters. and I'm not even playing pve (well, I played 3 matches). would be nice to encourage roster usage by giving small bonuses every 10 characters used. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50. having fun playing with 2s again that I either never rostered or sold off long ago. even used bagman in BE today with reed and thing. wasn't fast, but interesting and something different.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    or just a minimum number of characters used in a day. last 24 hrs I've used 31 characters. and I'm not even playing pve (well, I played 3 matches). would be nice to encourage roster usage by giving small bonuses every 10 characters used. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50. having fun playing with 2s again that I either never rostered or sold off long ago. even used bagman in BE today with reed and thing. wasn't fast, but interesting and something different.

This would be great. Of my 100+ characters, I only use around 10 of them per day. I would like to have a reason to use more of them.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I think some challenges/achievements on daily basis could really fit well into the game.
    You know, list of maybe 30 challenges, each will consist of 3 levels, and each level will reward you with some XP.

Example of challenges:
    Deal 2000/20,000/200,000 damage total (1/2/3xp)
    Same with overkills, matching/stealing colors, healing bursts, stunning enemies (i rarely use stun abilites so it could motivate me - and others - to use multiple covers, not only my favourite combo), matching 4/5+ tiles, using powers, creating strike/protect/attack tiles, use different characters, damage allies with your skills (carnage red, sentry red/green etc.), withstand damage etc. etc.
    This list could refresh each day so it would offer us a goal to reach for every day...
  • kenshohmer2
    kenshohmer2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Every win with bagman in your team is an achievement and should be rewarded HAHA
    Triple XP for a win with bagman/CHulk/Dino
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would be nice to have weekly challenges. Like complete DDQ using only 1* characters or reach 500 points in PvP or something.

Hell, I'd be happy if they brought back some of the more puzzly bits from the original Puzzle Quest.