Has gift giving changed?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've recently noticed two things:

1) I'm finally able to give gifts to new people. (Yay!)

2) Whereas I used to receive maybe around 50+ per day, I'm now only receiving around 1 gift every few hours. (Boo.)

Is this a stealth update that was pushed out to us? If moving forward, I'm no longer going to get the amount of gifts I used to, that's fine. I would just like to know if that's truly the case. Or if I'm just paranoid and going crazy. Are others receiving fewer gifts as well?

Comments

• Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I was asked to confirm via the little facebook pop up that I normally only have to do when I send a gift to a new facebook friend/mpq player. But none of the recipients were new... thought it was weird
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, so maybe I'm not actually giving gifts to new people. It may just be the same old sunset of my mpq friends, but for some reason I need to provide fb with permission each time now.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I was hoping the change would mean that I would finally start receiving gifts. I have only received about a dozen gifts over the past year even though I send them out daily. This is a know bug.
  • My gift receiving has definitely receded after the update dramatically as well.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine went from "maybe one a day" to "none" soooo...not much change I guess?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you guys on iOS?

I'm finding that everytime the app has to restart, it unchecks the facebook sync. I have to go into the little gear icon and choose to save through facebook.

It then remains checked until I have to reset the app, then it is no longer synced with Facebook.

If it isn't syncing with facebook, it can't confirm your friends, right?

I don't know, it's frustrating that I have to always check to see if I'm actually saving my game every day, because my app resets with the daily patches.

The one time I am actually a proponent of the concept of "Once saved always saved".