R108 increased crashes?

Kishida
Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
Don't know if this is particularly related to the newest patch, or if I've just finally caught up with everyone else, but in the ~30 hours since installing the most recent parch, MPQ is crashing on me with ridiculous frequency. Six crashes since yesterday, four times trying to play today's LRs. Always happens right after a board loads, before any gameplay takes place.

I guess it seems like no matter what good happens with this game, the other shoe is always waiting to drop. icon_cry.gif I guess the only consolation is that this is a villain week for LRs, so I'm only missing out on 70 ISO per match instead of the 2* covers I desperately crave.

Anyway, what about you? Just me?

Comments

• Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I too am crashing a lot more now. I used to get a crash every day or two before this latest patch. Now, I'm crashing multiple times a day. And where did the sticky go about the crashing? Did they just magically think it fixed itself with this patch?
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Game slows dowwn, crashes, restarts more and more often with each patch... Thx for the "improvement"of the game.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm noticing this too. The game has crashed on me in the past, but honestly it was rather infrequent, and only amounted to a mild annoyance.

It's probably crashed on me as much or more this past week than the past few months combined. Today was the first time it crashed twice in one 24 hour period, once in the PvE event and again in the SHIELD Simulator, always immediately after the board initially loads. I don't think I lost points in the Simulator, but I had paid a little skip tax to find a battle that was going to be kind of a cakewalk, only for it to immediately crash. And of course I couldn't just go back in and reload that particular match; it was gone for good.

I have also noticed that there are sometimes "hiccups" in either an animation when a power is fired or if there's a particularly massive cascade. I always feel like it's just about to crash, but it always seems to smooth itself out. My experience has been that if it's going to crash, it happens right away at the top of the battle.

I'll be submitting a ticket, but if this doesn't improve soon, it's quickly going to go from mild annoyance to full-blown frustration, especially if it keeps happening in PvP.
  • Pointycat
    Pointycat Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Only really noticed extra crashes today - had three Gauntlet missions crash just after the board came up. And when I restart the characters all took damage - not a problem with the early matches, but getting more annoying.
    Could do without the same thing happening in PVP